Successful fundraiser!

anonymous

Hi! I don't post a lot, but I just attended a fundraiser for CF this weekend in Charlotte, NC, and I just found out that it raised about $150,000!!! So I just thought I'd share the good news. I have been going to this specific event for about the last 5 years and it is always a GREAT money raiser, so if anyone is looking to start something in their town I would love to tell you the details of this one!Jenny-20 w/cf

anonymous

That's wonderful news. My daughter had CF and a teacher i work with told me that her daughter attended a fundraiser for CF two weeks ago that raised $500,000. It is great to hear that there is sooooo much money being raised.

anonymous

The fundraiser was a dinner with a silent auction, live auction, and "bid for the cure." The dinner was a 7 course meal, and each course was prepared by a different chef from a great restaurant in the area, so the tickets for the meal alone raised a lot of money. Then there was the silent auction, which raised a lot of money, as well as the live auction. And then they had an auction where people just bid money, and everyone that bids pays that amount, but they don't actually win anything. They called that the bid for the cure, and that actually raised the most money, around $60,000 I think. I thought it was great that the most money was raised when people weren't even getting anything in return!!!

B

B

Our "Leather and Lace Ball" is like that. It is sponsered by our local Harley Dealership. Last year was our second year to have it and we raised 25-30K I can't remeber. I know we double what it was the year before. Our primary target has been within the motorcycle riding coummunity, however we are trying to branch out. In the past we have only had orderve and a band. Had a few live auction items, yet the most were in the silent auction and then the bid for a cure. We had three speakers lined up for bid for a cure (I was honored to be first) yet the MC made the mistake and starting doing the bidding only after my speech. We had almost 200 attendees this last year! I look forward to planning it this year--wondering how much more its going to grow!