Suggestions about how to clean nebs on RV vacation

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Wondering how to clean nebs on RV vacation.  At home we boil and when we travel we usually boil too.  Just  thinking about water supply and cleanliness of water.  I have some disposable nebs, a couple inhalers, but will still need to use Pari nebs too.  Would you use Control 3 solution?  Ideas?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Wondering how to clean nebs on RV vacation. At home we boil and when we travel we usually boil too. Just thinking about water supply and cleanliness of water. I have some disposable nebs, a couple inhalers, but will still need to use Pari nebs too. Would you use Control 3 solution? Ideas?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
<p>Wondering how to clean nebs on RV vacation. At home we boil and when we travel we usually boil too. Just thinking about water supply and cleanliness of water. I have some disposable nebs, a couple inhalers, but will still need to use Pari nebs too. Would you use Control 3 solution? Ideas?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
For our last vacation, I got disposable nebs; however, DS wasn't on Tobi that month. When we went to mexico several years ago, I boiled the water for 10 minutes first and THEN added the nebs. I suppose you could take distilled water along and boil that -- or does the RV have a microwave? You could use breast feeding sterilization bags...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
For our last vacation, I got disposable nebs; however, DS wasn't on Tobi that month. When we went to mexico several years ago, I boiled the water for 10 minutes first and THEN added the nebs. I suppose you could take distilled water along and boil that -- or does the RV have a microwave? You could use breast feeding sterilization bags...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

adamsants

When we go camping I take bottled water and wash them with that and the sterilize in the bottle sterilizer and clean them that way.

adamsants

When we go camping I take bottled water and wash them with that and the sterilizein the bottle sterilizer and clean them that way.

adamsants

<p>When we go camping I take bottled water and wash them with that and the sterilizein the bottle sterilizer and clean them that way.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We will be gone for 2 weeks. The RV I think has a fridge, I am assuming a microwave, and a stove top but I guess I should check on that. Trying to think of the easiest way to do it; something about the water from camping makes me squeamish, maybe boiling bottled water is the way to go?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We will be gone for 2 weeks. The RV I think has a fridge, I am assuming a microwave, and a stove top but I guess I should check on that. Trying to think of the easiest way to do it; something about the water from camping makes me squeamish, maybe boiling bottled water is the way to go?

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Only thing is probably not boiling it on the cooktop as it's most likely propane heat -- though could be electric, so you may want to take along your electric pressure cooker?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Only thing is probably not boiling it on the cooktop as it's most likely propane heat -- though could be electric, so you may want to take along your electric pressure cooker?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Rebjane

Super Moderator
The only thing about the pressure cooker; we are taking a plane trip first; I guess between the VEST, compressor, meds etc, the pressure cooker would throw the airline and my husband for a loop!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
The only thing about the pressure cooker; we are taking a plane trip first; I guess between the VEST, compressor, meds etc, the pressure cooker would throw the airline and my husband for a loop!

Rebjane

Super Moderator

hmw

If you don't want to bring one of the big pressure cookers- how about one of those electric hot plates that is the size of a single stove burner? (You can even buy it once you get there at a local dept. store for about $25.) Then you can boil nebs in bottled water that you buy once you get there, I assume there will be a pan there that can hold several at a time or you can pick one up. For water, when we had some trouble with our well pump for a while recently we were getting store brand 2.5 gallon jugs of water really cheap at a local dept. store.

hmw

If you don't want to bring one of the big pressure cookers- how about one of those electric hot plates that is the size of a single stove burner? (You can even buy it once you get there at a local dept. store for about $25.) Then you can boil nebs in bottled water that you buy once you get there, I assume there will be a pan there that can hold several at a time or you can pick one up. For water, when we had some trouble with our well pump for a while recently we were getting store brand 2.5 gallon jugs of water really cheap at a local dept. store.