Suggestions on Honoring Someone at a Wedding

JazzysMom

My girlfriend is getting married & I am Matron of Honor. Her fiance's Mom passed away quite a few years ago. We are trying to think of something small, but appropriate to honor her memory. The best we came up with is lighting a candle during the ceremony while my friends sister sings a song. I was wondering if anyone had any "unique" ideas that wont seem "tacky" or inapproprate.

anonymous

I think thats sweet.If she can put a picture of her mom up then the light a candle while the lady is singing then that would be nice.

tiffany 15 w/cf

wanderlost

At my wedding we wanted to honor my sister, my husband's mom and brother as they have all passed away. We bought carnations and tied a little note to them that said "In loving memory of:" and listed their names and then passed them out to people when they were seated for the ceremony.

rose4cale

We 'reserved' a seat/chair for my mother in law who had passed. We also put a bouquet of her favorite yellow roses on the altar and made note of it in the program and then took the bouquet to the cemetary before we went to the reception. Still makes me cry...

Purplelungs

I have seen people hold pictures of the ones they are honoring. Like one time the brides mom had passed away so her dad carried a picture of her mom with him up the isle and through the whole ceremony. even a picture sitting in a chair with a flower. or off to the side at the beginning of the ceremony they play a song and light candles in front of pictures.

anonymous

i think you should have a picture of her in a frame, with candles all around her picture and a song that might have been a favorite of hers would be really nice......

anonymous

My boyfriend's dad died 3 years ago and we are planning on having a piicture of him (and my grandfather) on a table with some candles and flowers and something saying "FOr those who have gone ahead" or something like that at our wedding next summer.