Sun Sensitivity

Mitch Landheer

In the past 4 years i have started to get this random rash, and little red bumps whenever i go down south into the sun. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, and can help me find a solution to it. Through my own research i think it is called polymorphous light eruption. The only thing that i am taking currently that could cause light sensitivity is Zithormax. The other drugs im on are: Zenpep, Protonix, HyperSal, Pulmazyomne, ADEKS, and Albuterol.

amber682

Although I don't have CF, I have polymorphous light eruption. It's always worse at the beginning of the year when I first pull out the short sleeved shirts. I only ever get it on my forearms and back of my neck. My skin seems to get more used to the sun as the summer goes on and it happens less and less. I wear a big floppy hat, try to sit in the shade, and always wear sunscreen (although it doesn't seem like wearing sunscreen helps any). Are you very fair skinned like me?

keefer11

Yes, I get it, it can be awful, especially when traveling somewhere tropical and I'm in the sun fore extended periods at a time, for several days in a row. I was told it was just something people with CF were prone to, whether or not you are on antibiotics or not. I always called it "sun poisoning". I've had it almost my entire life and haven't found any solution besides wearing thin long sleeve shirts while in the sun for several days in a row. Sunscreen does help some, so be very diligent about putting it on, but the only real way to prevent it is by wearing long sleeve shirts to cover up your arms. When I'm going to be in the sun for several days, I'll alternate days I wear a long sleeve shirt, and that helps. Sorry I couldn't be more of help, but I feel your pain!