Supplements for baby and breastfeeding momma

momtocrazel

Hello. I am new to this site. My baby girl was dx with CF via NBS at 5 wks. SShe is now almost 5 mo. She is just about exclusively breastfed. Although, we are just starting to introduc some solids.
I was wondering at what age folks added supplements to their infant's diet.
I've upped my vitamin intake, take fish oil and probiotics in hopes that this will pass to my baby via breastmilk.
I would like to add fish oil and probiotics to her diet but have been cautioned by the CF team about aspiration.
Are there folks out their supplementing their infant's diet?
She is currently taking vitamax liquid vits and she will soon take another supplemental mutli-vitamin.
any thoughts, suggestions to be pro-active in keeping a little ones immune system healthy? thanks.

momtocrazel

Hello. I am new to this site. My baby girl was dx with CF via NBS at 5 wks. SShe is now almost 5 mo. She is just about exclusively breastfed. Although, we are just starting to introduc some solids.
I was wondering at what age folks added supplements to their infant's diet.
I've upped my vitamin intake, take fish oil and probiotics in hopes that this will pass to my baby via breastmilk.
I would like to add fish oil and probiotics to her diet but have been cautioned by the CF team about aspiration.
Are there folks out their supplementing their infant's diet?
She is currently taking vitamax liquid vits and she will soon take another supplemental mutli-vitamin.
any thoughts, suggestions to be pro-active in keeping a little ones immune system healthy? thanks.

momtocrazel

<br />I was wondering at what age folks added supplements to their infant's diet.
<br />I've upped my vitamin intake, take fish oil and probiotics in hopes that this will pass to my baby via breastmilk.
<br />I would like to add fish oil and probiotics to her diet but have been cautioned by the CF team about aspiration.
<br />Are there folks out their supplementing their infant's diet?
<br />She is currently taking vitamax liquid vits and she will soon take another supplemental mutli-vitamin.
<br />any thoughts, suggestions to be pro-active in keeping a little ones immune system healthy? thanks.