Supreme Court Ruling Obamacare Upheld

musclemania70

Lobbyists are the reason that consumers do not know what garbage goes into their food to start with. The processed food companies who have billions of dollars pay lobbyists to change the laws (by persuading congress) and THEY are the ones who get the system set up the way THEY would like it to be. It doesn't really matter if its Democrat or Republican. The lobbyists will create the system and THEY will be determining how it is set up.

Anyone who doesn't believe this should get informed. Trace the money.

Printer

musclemania:

Let me see if I understand. You don't want the goverment involved in anything because they are incompetent and private insurers are equally incompetent. You however want everyone to keep private insurance.

You want people in Congress knowledgable on all things known to man. That way where will be no reason for say General Electric to hire a lobbyist to "educate" the people who may buy their new product.

I would be interested in how you feel about "Citizens United", Carl Rove or the Koak Brothers, etc.

randford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Randy: In 2014 under Obamacare there will no longer be caps on coverage. Bill</end quote>
That's right! I forgot. I guesscaps from Obamacare would offset taxation. Non of us would be taxed individually up to $2 million for sure.

Printer

Randy:

A cap on coverage is when the insurance coverage states that for a disease (like CF) the MAXAMUM CUMMULATIVE DOLLAR AMOUNT WILL BE $X. ie $1,000,000.00. Obamacare removes the ABILITY OF THE INSURANCE COMPANY to have a DOLLAR LIMIT. Nothing to do with taxes.

Only people who can afford insurance coverage and CHOSE not to buy it will be taxed, about 1% of the US population.

Bill

randford

Say, this is for Georgians but might give some insight on what other states might be doing...which appears to be absolutley nothing until the election in November. So we're basically paralyzed by this process. Will Georgia set up health insurance exchanges as mandated or defy federal law and exercise the 10th amendment by creating a southeastern health insurance risk pool? They appear to have six bills lined up with the Georgia State Legislature to move in the opposite direction from the Affordable Care Act. Who knows. This is crazy. The whole thing is crazy!

For folks in Georgia, do a search for "Georgia Health Insurance" and "News". There are some articles that shed some light. There's this guy named, Ronald Bachman who's supposed to have some fancy bright ideas for Georgia. I dunno. It's hard to tell what's going on and what will be best. I just want coverage without losing what little I have. CF patients and their families have enough to deal with.

Randford

H

hammerpocket

One more note to musclemania: THERE IS NO PUBLIC OPTION IN THE HEALTHCARE LAW. Apparently not many people realize this. I encourage everyone - especially those who are opposed to the law - to take this quiz: http://healthreform.kff.org/quizzes/health-reform-quiz.aspx I have already given you one of the answers.

Printer

I just can't understand why anyone with CF or anyone with a child with CF could be opposed to the AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT.

Bill

musclemania70

Exactly. Why don't people know the facts? I need to do more research but I was just giving my personal experience of our gov't and how it is currently running. Badly.

randford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Randy: You are covered under your BCBS policy, nothing changes with Obamacare until 2014. Bill</end quote>
You're right, Printer. Maybe by then, there will be a clearer picture of what is expected.

randford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> I just can't understand why anyone with CF or anyone with a child with CF could be opposed to the AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT. Bill</end quote>
I agree with you, Printer. Unless there is something ou there that has not been fully revealed, I believe that all people with CF will ultimately benefit.

randford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Randy: You are covered under your BCBS policy, nothing changes with Obamacare until 2014. Bill</end quote>
Printer, I guess like most everyone else, there is really nothing thatwe can do until 2014. Hopefully all thes politicians will work out all the details, the good, bad and the ugly. Whether they claim Obamacare as a penalty or tax or whatever, clearly the current system does not work for people with serious diseases like Cystic Fibrosis.
It's funny. I don't hear too many politicians talking about reform against heath care management systems or pharmaceutical companies or limiting tort from attorneys who will sue anything and everything under the auspice of helping victims of bad medicine. And just think of all the lobby groups. On average, there are at least 22+ lobbyists for every congressman...not too mention the "establishments" on either side who choose who we elect.
Randford

Printer

Randy:

The thing that causes malpractice court cases and malpractice awards is malpractice. Try to find a PCP who can explain CF. You wont have any problem finding a PCP willing to treat CF.

Bill

randford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Randy: The thing that causes malpractice court cases and malpractice awards is malpractice. Try to find a PCP who can explain CF. You wont have any problem finding a PCP willing to treat CF. Bill</end quote>
I agree. I have an internist who is really knowlegable about CF as well as personalable. I hope I can keep him. As for PCPs, I've spoken to friends who have been RNs for years and they will all tell you that they can guess a diagnosis, treatment or medication equal to that of a physician, simply though years of experiece. And these same RNs held physicians in high regard for yearsuntil they realized that in their view, the doctorsare really no better at it. Now to be fair, that doesn't include CF doctors but typically PCPs.