Surfing anyone?

anonymous

Okay, this might be a stupid question...but here it goes.... I was wonderning if people with CF would enjoy a group exercise activity such as surfing? I know the colder water in North America may be harmful, but what about the Caribbean or something? I would think that with the low altitude and moist air it would be helpful. Let me know what you think, and thanks for the feedback!!

anonymous

Hey~ I want to go surfing so bad!!! I went once before in FLorida but I really want to go someplace that is real warm and has sweet waves. I kinda want to go to a surf camp or find someone to teach me plus I could use a nice vacation.Anyone know of any places that would be fun/cool to go to??Emily 23 pwcflets_rock_cf@yahoo.com

anonymous

Definately go to Costa Rica then! I'm not a surfer by any means, but when I want to go I just rent a board (I think it's about $5) and hop it the water. There's always a surfer there to give me tips. good luck!Emily

anonymous

Although warm water is a plus, from my experience even in cold water, surfing is a great benefit for cf. I surfed from age 12 till 28. It's a little too cardio-intense for me now. I started having difficulty holding my breath when my PFT's dropped below 40%.For anyone that wants a good workout and is comfortable holding their breath - it's great.Jason 30 w/cf