Surprising Results with Essential Oils! Give it a Go!

CF mom of 2

SaltyOne- thanks for the updates. If you don't mind, I'm curious how old you are and if you're on oxygen at this time. Also curious what 6 different oils you combine and diffuse. My son (38) has started diffusing the Breathe blend over the last 2 weeks and has seen some improvement. Now would like to try some other EO's to see if that would also help. I really appreciate your sharing your experience with all of us. Thanks so much.

grammakaky

My two granddaughters have cf and we have been diffusing for acouple of years now. We use a Himalayan salt lamp with a built in diffuser. She also sells the different oils. My granddaughters are stable (both DDf508). We burn at night while they are sleeping and it is also a nightlite for their room. Here is the webiste we use. http://www.bestpinksalt.com. She is very easy to work with.

mkpr13

I used oregano oil on my son's feet (per the suggestion of his nutritionist) for digestive problems when he was younger. It worked great.

Recently, I started using the essential oil, lavender. I might try the lemongrass too. I found the lavender and lemongrass at Aura Cacia. I have no vested interested in them but they seem reputable and they are much less expensive than DoTerra and Young Living. You can buy a very small quantity (0.25 oz) from them so you can try it before getting the larger quantity. You can find their products on their website or on Amazon.

If anyone has tried Aura Cacia and found it is not as good as the more expensive product, let me know and I will not buy from them again.

Best wishes.
Melissa

kristenj

Hi Saltyone or anyone else who's come across this,
I've been diffusing for a few months now, mostly breathe, eucalyptus, melaleuca, and on guard. I am starting a round of Cayston and was wondering if you are continuing to diffuse even while on inhaled antibiotics. I wasn't sure if the oils react with the Cayston in any way. I usually diffuse at night while I'm sleeping. Thanks for your opinions and input!!!

T

TheSaltyOne

The 6 oils I usually use are Lemongrass, Cinnamon Bark, Frankinsence, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Tea Tree.
(I'll sometimes add oregano, Mrytle, or Lavendar)

I agree that Young Living is ridiculously expensive. That's who I originally used. After lots of research I have found that Aura Cacia is a decent brand but more of like a "maintenance" quality. My favorite brand to order from for price and quality, and they are all I use now, is Aeromatics International. Another brand I had as backup was Floracopeia but they are more expensive than Aero, but less than YL. Aeromatics ended up being about 1/3 the cost of Young Living for the same oils. So I've been using them for 8 months now.

I did use oils while I was on cayston and tobi and did not notice any particular reaction. I know this sounds crazy but I haven't been on inhaled antibiotics, nor IV nor oral antibiotics, except for Azithromycin, for about 6 months. Simply because I gained 35 lbs and lung function went up 18% when I started using essential oils so i said I would rather save the antibiotics for when I really need them rather than building up resistance to them by using them all the time. And luckily I haven't been sick yet except for right after I had sinus surgery a few months ago. I DO NOT RECOMMEND stopping your inhaled antibiotics, I'm just sharing with you my experience and reasoning.

T

ToriMom

Hello everyone!
I do not know if people are still reading this thread, but I just wanted to post that we use some essential oils to help our daughter. I always try to keep Eucalyptus on hand for calming bronchospasms. I rub it into the bottoms of her feet with some coconut oil and then I put socks on her. We also use frankincense although I am out of that one at the moment. I did want to share what is in the "sinus/lung" blend we get.
It has: Ravensara, Inula, Green Myrtle, Fragonia and two types of Thyme.
I am going to give Thieves a try if I can get my oil guy to blend me one!!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Michelle

PS....I got your App for my phone :)

T

TheSaltyOne

ToriMom- awesome info! Eucalyptus helps tons to soothe. What company is your sinus/lung blend from and have you noticed good results so far? I haven't seen any amazing benefits with Thieves myself but I've read a lot of people that really believe in it.

Thanks for downloading the app! Hope you like it and if you have suggestions don't hesitate to "submit feedback" in the app and it will email me directly.

T

ToriMom

Hello!
The products I use are from Lifetree Aromatix. His name is John Steele--he is an archeologist and aromatics distiller out of California. He is not an MLM type of company. I have to admit I have no experience using DoTerra, Young Living,etc and I do not claim to have any expertise. I use this brand because it was recommended to me by someone I trust. I will try to find some prices to compare because I have never compared him to any other brands. I just know his products are wonderful and his knowledge is extensive. He actually called me himself and was very informative and kind when I told him I was looking for help to alleviate her CF issues. I have tried a few different Eucalyptus oils (from health food stores) and his is my favorite so far. This is my experience. I'm not promoting, selling, endorsing, etc. I am here for information and to share what helps my CF child.
I'll be in touch soon,
Michelle

2roses

I've recently ordered from Rocky Mountain Essential Oils (they merged with Native American Naturals). I read that these are excellent oils (organic, sourced at origin, can be taken internally), but wanted to see if anyone here has used them before and has an opinion. They are much less expensive overall than Young living and DoTerra (with reasonable shipping). Some oils are similar to DoTerra's consultant pricing. My first experience with oils.

2roses

Forgot to say that Rocky Mountain Essential Oils website has comparable blends to YL and DT. They have a matrix that maps their blends to YL and DT.

T

TheSaltyOne

ToriMom - Sounds like a nice guy. So do they welcome phone calls? I would be interested in what his thinking is behind each oil in the sinus/lung blend. What I'm doing has been working but I would like to know exactly why it works or what other oils might work better.

2roses - I have read Rocky Mountain oils are pretty reputable and good quality. When I was initially looking for essential oils I remember them not having a wide variety so I did not go with them but I do remember reading good things.

2roses

Thanks Salty! Appreciate the info. They have a lot of oils, at least from my newbie point of view. I believe they may have expanded when they joined up with Native American Nutritionals. I am intrigued by what ToriMom wrote as well. We'll give our basic approach a try for awhile and go from there. Consistency is a big issue with my teens.

I like that this thread keeps reappearing with new, helpful info.

T

ToriMom

Salty,
I sent you a PM with contact info for John. Let me know if it does not arrive because I don't see it in my "sent" folder but I did send it today.

T

TheSaltyOne

ToriMom- I did get it, thanks.

rmotion - The idea is that the feet are connected to the different organs in the body through "access" points like pressure points. You can read a lot more about this in reflexology articles. Not only do they connect to other organs though, I've been told that the bottom of the feet and the wrists are some of the most absorbable points on the body. So anything you rub there will absorb and blend with the body easier. I could be wrong, but this would make sense why a lot of fragrances are rubbed on the wrists. Anyway, I would advise if you want to try this to look up a reflexology diagram on google images and you'll see that the points for the lungs are just under the "padding" on the bottom of the foot toward the toes. When I rub oils on the bottom of my feet I always try to shoot for that area.

To everyone following this thread... you can read all the way back to the beginning when I first posted this thread. I'm proud to say I am 13 MONTHS out of the hospital now. I have not stayed out of the hospital for this long since 2009 when I was admitted for the first time ever! I try to diffuse my oils every day for at least an hour and if nothing else I at least rub them on my feet or wrists each morning and night before bed. That being said I have only needed to be on antibiotics twice in the last 13 months and that's purely because I had 2 sinus surgeries that I had to "prep" for. So there's no tricks here, they have been an amazing find for me and my family. I hope they are working just as well for all of you! If so, please comment your results with them so others can be encouraged to try them as well. Thanks!

Kirio

I am interested in trying anything that will help my kiddos get rid of bacteria in their lungs, but has anyone run across Lipoid Pneumonia in their research?

Apparently inhaling any kind of fats (as in oils) can be really dangerous, especially if your lungs are already at risk.

Does anyone have experience with this or a doctor's advice?

T

TheSaltyOne

Hey everyone, since this thread has been viewed so many times and seems like a great topic I decided to make a video about how I use essential oils on my CF Youtube Channel. I just go through what oils I use, why I use them, how they've helped me, and where I like to buy mine from.

Here is the link to my video: https://youtu.be/FEIqfaLcBQA

I hope you enjoy :)