Sweat test numbers

anonymous

Just curious. Would you mind sharing what your or your families numbers were? I know there is immense variability, and I am just wondering what the spectrum is in terms of solid diagnosis. For example, I know some people with borderline results recieve diagnosis, and others had high readings above 60. Is it just a doctor preference (the official standard is 60 or above, so why a dx with borderline)? So, if you would like to participate, simply state what your or your families sweat test numbers were. THanks!

anonymous

Just curious. Would you mind sharing what your or your families numbers were? I know there is immense variability, and I am just wondering what the spectrum is in terms of solid diagnosis. For example, I know some people with borderline results recieve diagnosis, and others had high readings above 60. Is it just a doctor preference (the official standard is 60 or above, so why a dx with borderline)? So, if you would like to participate, simply state what your or your families sweat test numbers were. THanks!

anonymous

sweetwhite30

hi i would be glad to share with you all my family sweat numbers

isaiah with c.f 4 yr old---dx at 4 weeks (109)
zechariah no c.f 7 yr old--(59)
mom mary no c.f 32 yrs old (59)
hope this will help you!

sweetwhite30

hope this will help you!

sweetwhite30

hope this will help you!

dyza

our sons numbers were 36 and 34
I believe that there is a direct corrolation to the sweat test and to what gene mutation they have. Our son has RH117 which is a class iv mutation, which generally means that his sweat numbers are low.

dyza

I believe that there is a direct corrolation to the sweat test and to what gene mutation they have. Our son has RH117 which is a class iv mutation, which generally means that his sweat numbers are low.

dyza

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was diagnosed when he was about 4 days old with homozygous delta f508. He was born with a bowel obstruction due to meconium illeus. For some reason, they decided to do a sweat test when he was 3 weeks old and his was a normal 32.

He DOES taste salty when I kiss his forehead. Noticed it from the time he was about 5 months old.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS was diagnosed when he was about 4 days old with homozygous delta f508. He was born with a bowel obstruction due to meconium illeus. For some reason, they decided to do a sweat test when he was 3 weeks old and his was a normal 32.

He DOES taste salty when I kiss his forehead. Noticed it from the time he was about 5 months old.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

anonymous

sweetwhite30, first thanks to you and the others that have replied so far, and next ,I notice that you and your son both have high borderlines of 59, but have a negative diagnosis. I am wondering why some with borderline numbers recieve a dx, but others like yourself do not? Any insight? My son has borderline numbers, and negative genetics on the 97 panel, so has recieved an negative diagnosis, yet I see others who have not. Just trying to sort it all out.

anonymous

sweetwhite30, first thanks to you and the others that have replied so far, and next ,I notice that you and your son both have high borderlines of 59, but have a negative diagnosis. I am wondering why some with borderline numbers recieve a dx, but others like yourself do not? Any insight? My son has borderline numbers, and negative genetics on the 97 panel, so has recieved an negative diagnosis, yet I see others who have not. Just trying to sort it all out.

anonymous

anonymous

My son who is 4 years old was diagnosed via a sweat test at 10 months. He was tested twice. 1st - 112. 2nd - 114. Gene mutations DeltaF508 & Deletion 2 & 3. No doubt of his positive result!!!

anonymous

My son who is 4 years old was diagnosed via a sweat test at 10 months. He was tested twice. 1st - 112. 2nd - 114. Gene mutations DeltaF508 & Deletion 2 & 3. No doubt of his positive result!!!

anonymous

anonymous

My daughter had two sweat tests of 53 and 45. Then the genetic test revealed her two CF genes, hence a diagnosis. Usually borderline sweats prompt further testing, but I don't think they would diagnose JUST on a borderline sweat.

anonymous

My daughter had two sweat tests of 53 and 45. Then the genetic test revealed her two CF genes, hence a diagnosis. Usually borderline sweats prompt further testing, but I don't think they would diagnose JUST on a borderline sweat.