Symbicort

adamsants

The Dr. is prescribing symbicort for adam and taking him off the qvar.

Does anyone take this and if so, has it helped?

We are trying it for a month to see if it makes a difference if not back to qvar 80.

Thanks for any feedback

adamsants

We are trying it for a month to see if it makes a difference if not back to qvar 80.

Thanks for any feedback

adamsants

Thanks for any feedback

adamsants

Thanks for any feedback

adamsants

<br />
<br />Does anyone take this and if so, has it helped?
<br />
<br />We are trying it for a month to see if it makes a difference if not back to qvar 80.
<br />
<br />Thanks for any feedback

rubyroselee

Hi,

Why are they switching him to Symbicort? To see if it works better?

I switched from Advair to Symbicort because I wanted to see if it reduced my thrush. I get such bad thrush from the Advair. Symbicort says the thrush rate is only in like 1-2% of patients. Well guess what, I still got the thrush from the Symbicort. So I just switched back to Advair because I think it worked better.

The only thing I will say is that when switching, he may be able to feel the inflammation start up because it takes a couple weeks for the med to kick in and start working fully. So each time I switched I had that problem.

Good luck.

rubyroselee

Hi,

I switched from Advair to Symbicort because I wanted to see if it reduced my thrush. I get such bad thrush from the Advair. Symbicort says the thrush rate is only in like 1-2% of patients. Well guess what, I still got the thrush from the Symbicort. So I just switched back to Advair because I think it worked better.

The only thing I will say is that when switching, he may be able to feel the inflammation start up because it takes a couple weeks for the med to kick in and start working fully. So each time I switched I had that problem.

Good luck.

rubyroselee

Hi,

Good luck.

rubyroselee

Hi,

Good luck.

rubyroselee

Hi,
<br />
<br />Why are they switching him to Symbicort? To see if it works better?
<br />
<br />I switched from Advair to Symbicort because I wanted to see if it reduced my thrush. I get such bad thrush from the Advair. Symbicort says the thrush rate is only in like 1-2% of patients. Well guess what, I still got the thrush from the Symbicort. So I just switched back to Advair because I think it worked better.
<br />
<br />The only thing I will say is that when switching, he may be able to feel the inflammation start up because it takes a couple weeks for the med to kick in and start working fully. So each time I switched I had that problem.
<br />
<br />Good luck.

Brad

Hmm,,, I use Advair, no problems, just not sure it is working,.
My sister started taking Symbicort about 2 moths ago, She says
it helps her a lot, I am going to ask My Doc about trying it also.

Brad

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br /> My sister started taking Symbicort about 2 moths ago, She says
<br /> it helps her a lot, I am going to ask My Doc about trying it also.

cfbites

I've used Symbicort for over a year now. I like it better than Advair. I just make sure that right after I use it, I rinse well with water. I rarely get thrush from it, unlike advair, which gave me thrush a lot.

cfbites

I've used Symbicort for over a year now. I like it better than Advair. I just make sure that right after I use it, I rinse well with water. I rarely get thrush from it, unlike advair, which gave me thrush a lot.

cfbites

cfbites

cfbites