Thankful Thursday 9/3

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
What am I thankful for today?

Today I'm thankful for the bookstore & all the billions of books there are to read! At the rate that I've been reading lately I should probably check out the library instead of spending money at the bookstore. However, the bookstore changes their bargain rack every week or two and surprisingly there are some good ones to choose from for under $6! Incredible bargain price compared to the usual $15.99 book. The highlight of my day is a visit to the bookstore. People today, especially kids don't read as much as they should. Everyone is busy on their cellphones, computers and iPads. Even reading a book on technology! I personally prefer the book in my hand. Turning each page with excitement. Here are a couple of books I've recently read:

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. This book is about bullying and a tragic turn of events. Also check out The Husbands Secret by her. Both best sellers.

Where we Belong by Emily Giffin. This book is about two female characters at different stages of life trying to discover who they are and who they want to be. I highly recommend Something Borrowed and the sequel Something Blue.

Catch Me by Lisa Gardner. This author writes suspense novels. This is the first book I've read by her. It's a little predictable but I haven't finished it yet. A serial killer is on the loose and is coming for a specific person on a specific date and time.

What are you thankful for today?

Imogene

Administrator
Thanks Amber for the reminder to have a grateful heart! I love your choices. Sr. Carol Perry did the homily this past weekend at my Marble Church NYC and she suggested the book:
Lila by Marilynn Robinson...over 800 people on Amazon think it is a good choice.
I don't read fiction much...so I'll be sticking with the "lives of the saints" type books...though as I typed that...they may be fiction too!
I guess I show my age...I like self help
This summer as I changed from our house to an apartment...I read: The lifechanging magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo.
I am still amazed how much better my closet looks!
Today is my dad's 99th birthday. I always am celebrating how lucky I am to be his daughter! He was a computer programmer back in the 1950s so I grew up with technology.
Thanks for the memories.
I will be going to Barnes and Noble later to take my DIL. I will look up your books.
Salt and Light and Literature.
Jeanne

G

Hello beautiful soul,

I enjoy reading your posts. I was wondering if you ever read the Bible?

Thanks
Chad Ray