The Malaysia Plane Crash hits home at CysticFibrosis.com

Imogene

Administrator
Dear Members and Friends of CysticFibrosis.com,

Many of you may already have noticed the presence of Chris Baldwin here at the forums.

I met Chris on LinkedIn during the spring of 2013.

As many of you know, in my “other life”, I am a “domainer”. I began my career on the web in 1996, purchasing niche, valuable domain names.

Since my original business partner had CF, CysticFibrosis.com was an original domain purchase and this amazing community grew up around it.

I have made this my “life's work” showing up every day for the past 18 years.

Chris holds a PhD in virology and is a wiz at all things technical.

He teamed up with me last year, when Ennio moved on to another job.

He is now fully involved, cleaning up the server, fixing broken links and finding all the great content that we have amassed over 18 years.

Some of you have met Chris and know that he got his start in medicine, by inventing a drug for HIV AIDS.

Now, he is quickly learning about all things CF and is already with even a new invention!

His plan is to bring this site, which already is a center for Education and Research to the next level.

We are inviting Industry to join us and making sure you are at the center of it all.

This is all the really exciting news and so WELCOME CHRIS!

Unfortunately, today we have extremely sad news for Chris and for the whole world as we mourn the loss of Chris’s colleague and close friend: Joep Lang
Leading AIDS Researcher Killed in Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Crash

Losing 100 top researchers for the HIV AIDS community is a serious loss for all of us, but this is a personal loss for Chris and the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (in conjunction with Duke) of which Chris and Joep were colleagues.

Joep was his PhD promoter.

Our heart and prayers go out to Chris and to the whole world as we try to process this tragedy and loss!

Salt and Light,
Imogene

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I am so sorry to read this. Such a tragedy. My thoughts go out to Chris and to Joep's family.

enniob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the intro Jeanne! Its been an emotional day for me. I will give a more formal intro of myself soon. Looking forward to meeting and chatting with many members...have already met some wonderful people here. I hope to meet a lot more!

triples15

Super Moderator
So very sorry to hear of your loss Chris. My thoughts are with you and all of those personally affected by this sickening event.

What a sad day for the world indeed. So many bright minds, hard telling what they were on their way to accomplishing.

Jeanne, thanks for the introduction and letting us know about Chris and Joep.

Take Care,

Autumn 33 w/CF