The Monument

1shedcollector

I hope I am not breaking any laws placeing this here- it hit me had the first time i read it 15 years ago. Please use a wide thought pattern. I believe somewhere deep inside ALL of you will understand enough said

God,
Before he sent his children to earth
Gave each of them
A very carefully selected package
Of problems.

These,
He promised, smiling
Are yours alone, No one
Else may have the blessings
These problems will bring you.

And only you
Have the special talents and abilities
That will be needed
To make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth
And to your forgetfulness. Know that Ilove you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
Are a symbol of that love.

The monument you make of your life
With the help of your problems
Will be a symbol of your
Love for me,
Your Father.

BY; Blaine M. Yorgason

1shedcollector

I hope I am not breaking any laws placeing this here- it hit me had the first time i read it 15 years ago. Please use a wide thought pattern. I believe somewhere deep inside ALL of you will understand enough said

God,
Before he sent his children to earth
Gave each of them
A very carefully selected package
Of problems.

These,
He promised, smiling
Are yours alone, No one
Else may have the blessings
These problems will bring you.

And only you
Have the special talents and abilities
That will be needed
To make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth
And to your forgetfulness. Know that Ilove you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
Are a symbol of that love.

The monument you make of your life
With the help of your problems
Will be a symbol of your
Love for me,
Your Father.

BY; Blaine M. Yorgason

anonymous

They are nice verses to read, and do provoke alot of thinking. You needn't worry about misplacing the poem, I'm sure alot have read it. Thank you.

anonymous

They are nice verses to read, and do provoke alot of thinking. You needn't worry about misplacing the poem, I'm sure alot have read it. Thank you.

JennifersHope

I understand your intention of the poem was probably to being encouragement to us, I think that it kind of misrepresents the God I know in some ways. God didn't give me problems, IMO, Problems happen because that is life, I live on earth, and I have stinky genes.....

I love God a lot, but I would have a hard time if I thought that he gave me problems and not someone else, that would make me feel like he loves someone else more then me, that isn't my understanding of God at all... I am NOT at all offended by the poem in any way... Just wanted to share my veiws is all

Jennifer

JennifersHope

I understand your intention of the poem was probably to being encouragement to us, I think that it kind of misrepresents the God I know in some ways. God didn't give me problems, IMO, Problems happen because that is life, I live on earth, and I have stinky genes.....

I love God a lot, but I would have a hard time if I thought that he gave me problems and not someone else, that would make me feel like he loves someone else more then me, that isn't my understanding of God at all... I am NOT at all offended by the poem in any way... Just wanted to share my veiws is all

Jennifer

JazzysMom

I am just seeing this. I agree that if people read it with an thinking pattern that it can apply to everyone. Thanks for sharing!

JazzysMom

I am just seeing this. I agree that if people read it with an thinking pattern that it can apply to everyone. Thanks for sharing!