the rules of this forum concerning religion

trigueros79

I had a question? Is there rules as to what you shouldnt say on these forums, because I am new at this site and new at forums, the first time I chatted online was on this Cf website. But I offered advice about death and shared my faith and they remved my opinion from the forum.
So is there certain rules one must follow to post your opinions. Also I think if this a public site is not your to state your opinion ok. I have read some of the conversations and I find some to be very discouraging, I dont want to be part of something if there is no hope...

Allie

There's no real laws besides a general law of respect, which if you violate, people will let you know, trust me.

julie

Ditto what allie said but it boils down to these few things,

There are some religious people on this site and some who are not. Many (religious or non religious) don't seem to take offense to simple statements like, "I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers" or when there is a SPECIFIC topic that is created about religion (although about 35 currently exist so I suggest utilizing the search feature and refreshing an old topic, not creating a new redundant topic) but the problems seem to arise when one infers that someones problems are related to the fact that they are religious/aren't religious. Also, "leading someone to the lord" isn't the point of this forum. If you have something you'd like to say to someone about religion and it's personal, like, "i'd like to share something I believe about God with you" then using the PRIVATE MESSAGE feature is probably the wisest way to go. If they respond, there you go. If they don't, maybe you've offended them/turned them off and you no NOT to press the issue anymore. General mentions of religion in relation to what works for you in your life isn't bad either, but people take it too far, make it personal, "well if you'd believe this, or if you'd go to church, or if you'd pray"..... and that's where it seems to become offensive.

Clearly there are people on this site (and in life) who are FAR too sensitive and some who are FAR too insensitive, and some who don't use common sense, and some who are guilty of reacting inappropriately sometimes, some who do it all the time... it's life. It really boils down to common sense and respect of others. There will always be conflicting views, ALWAYS anywhere you go. It's what you do/don't do about it that makes the difference.

I don't quite understand what you meant by, "also i think if this is a public site is not your to state you opinion ok". I don't quite get it. Are you trying to say that because this is a public site you should get to say what you want? do know and understand that much time, thought and monitoring is put into this site and just because it is public doesn't mean that those who manage it don't have a right to take away something that others find offensive.

Mockingbird

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>trigueros79</b></i><br>I had a question? Is there rules as to what you shouldnt say on these forums, because I am new at this site and new at forums, the first time I chatted online was on this Cf website. But I offered advice about death and shared my faith and they remved my opinion from the forum.

So is there certain rules one must follow to post your opinions. Also I think if this a public site is not your to state your opinion ok. I have read some of the conversations and I find some to be very discouraging, I dont want to be part of something if there is no hope...<hr></blockquote>

In my experience, the moderators only take stuff off if it is causing problems. Or maybe someone complained about your post, I don't know. Really, your post was probably removed because one of those, not because of any rule violation.

trigueros79

Thanks for the input I shall keep them all in mind...
I am thankful that this website is available because I have found the stories of those with CF to be very informative. I just need to know I am not alone in this ,you know?...