Those who have done tratment for MAC or NTM

C

caza

<br>i was diagnosed with mac in about 2002 - they thought it tb at first but after the 8 weeks it took to grow realised it was mac avian. I also had a cavity brought on by the bacteria i believe and that i should have been treated earlier for it - i was always culturing it but they said my body wascopying with it. I had meds fornearly 3 years - rifampacin moxifloxacin and amakain iv for one week only. Hope i am free now - but still have to have regular checks

C

caza

<br>i was diagnosed with mac in about 2002 - they thought it tb at first but after the 8 weeks it took to grow realised it was mac avian.   I also had a cavity brought on by the bacteria i believe and that i should have been treated earlier for it - i was always culturing it but they said my body was copying with it.  I had meds for nearly 3 years - rifampacin   moxifloxacin and amakain iv for one week only.  Hope i am free now - but still have to have regular checks        

C

caza

<br>i was diagnosed with mac in about 2002 - they thought it tb at first but after the 8 weeks it took to grow realised it was mac avian. I also had a cavity brought on by the bacteria i believe and that i should have been treated earlier for it - i was always culturing it but they said my body wascopying with it. I had meds fornearly 3 years - rifampacin moxifloxacin and amakain iv for one week only. Hope i am free now - but still have to have regular checks

C

caza

theLostMiler

Hi, its been a long time since I've been on and Joni, I am so interested in this... I am at transplant stage and I live in NV. I want to get a consultation at National Jewish but I can't fly as I have reoccuring pneumothoraxes so I'd have to drive plus I don't know what exactly they could do with anything... as my Mycobacterium Abscessus is resistant to everything but amikacin and cefoxitin intermediately. But I was always told I'd always have the big cysts... but I have more than just one.

And as for treatment, it normally took me a month, maybe even 6 weeks to really start to get a benefit from it... IF the meds weren't kicking my ass on top of it. I normally do a 3 month or so treatment everytime because I just wasn't feeling it until about then... and then I wanted to make sure I felt really awesome by the time I came off them.

theLostMiler

Hi, its been a long time since I've been on and Joni, I am so interested in this... I am at transplant stage and I live in NV. I want to get a consultation at National Jewish but I can't fly as I have reoccuring pneumothoraxes so I'd have to drive plus I don't know what exactly they could do with anything... as my Mycobacterium Abscessus is resistant to everything but amikacin and cefoxitin intermediately. But I was always told I'd always have the big cysts... but I have more than just one.

And as for treatment, it normally took me a month, maybe even 6 weeks to really start to get a benefit from it... IF the meds weren't kicking my ass on top of it. I normally do a 3 month or so treatment everytime because I just wasn't feeling it until about then... and then I wanted to make sure I felt really awesome by the time I came off them.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />And as for treatment, it normally took me a month, maybe even 6 weeks to really start to get a benefit from it... IF the meds weren't kicking my ass on top of it. I normally do a 3 month or so treatment everytime because I just wasn't feeling it until about then... and then I wanted to make sure I felt really awesome by the time I came off them.
<br />
<br />