thoughts on "GOD"

T

theDUDE

I was raised catholic but dont really consider myself any religion. I am 17 (almost 18) and in good health, my PFTs are 19%. i am aware that is kind of an oxymoron but its true.
Jesussupposedly died on the cross for us, to me that kind of seems like the easy way out. Could Jesus have gone through seeing his mother on the cross? i dont think so. thats how i feel, i have CF and i am aware i will die well before the rest of my family. that is not fair to my family because they are the ones that will have to life with that, i wont. If "God" or "Jesus" cared about people with Cf or their families he would have found a cure by now. i will go back to "god" when i get lungs that will last me a lifetime. that was me venting, what are your thoughts?

T

theDUDE

I was raised catholic but dont really consider myself any religion. I am 17 (almost 18) and in good health, my PFTs are 19%. i am aware that is kind of an oxymoron but its true.
Jesussupposedly died on the cross for us, to me that kind of seems like the easy way out. Could Jesus have gone through seeing his mother on the cross? i dont think so. thats how i feel, i have CF and i am aware i will die well before the rest of my family. that is not fair to my family because they are the ones that will have to life with that, i wont. If "God" or "Jesus" cared about people with Cf or their families he would have found a cure by now. i will go back to "god" when i get lungs that will last me a lifetime. that was me venting, what are your thoughts?

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

I hope you won't mind if I post a little scripture. This comes from the book of Job:

"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.
"If there is an angel as mediator for him, one out of a thousand, to remind a man what is right for him, then let him be gracious to him and say, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit, I have found a ransom'; Let his flesh become fresher than in youth, let him return to the days of his youthful vigor; then he will pray to God, and he will accept him, that he may see His face with joy, and He may restore His righteousness to man. He will sing to men and say, 'I have sinned and perverted what is right, and it is not proper for me. 'He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit, and my life shall see light.'
"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life." Job 33:19-30.

You wrote if God really cared about us, He would have found a cure by now. The thing is, we all have a much, much greater sickness than CF. Because we live in a state of sin, our very hearts have become black and stained. While CF only affects our physical bodies, the sickness of sin affects our very soul.

This is the sickness which God is most concerned about, and this is the sickness which He has provided a cure for. When Jesus died on the cross, He did not simply die as you or I would die, but He took the sickness of sin as His own. Think of all the evil things that have been committed in this world; rapes, murders, wars; These things are a result of the sickness of sin. My heart is consumed with hate and lust and greed and deceit and jealousy and pride; even if I never act on these things, I cannot deny that the evil which consumes this world is also contained within my own heart.

This is the cure God has provided for us. It cost Him His only Son, but He gave it willingly because of His love for us. Jesus Christ has become a ransom for us. Even though He was free from sin, He has accepted our sickness as His own; we have only to give ourselves over to Him so that He can cure us.

You said it is not fair for those left behind when someone dies. Jesus was well aware of that, for He told His desciples, "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that he may be with you forever; that is the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot recieve, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; i will come to you." John 14:16-18. Jesus Christ is the ransom, and the Holy Spirit is the angel as mediator for us.

Furthermore, Jesus said before His death, "Do no let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and recieve you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also. And you know the way where I am going." John 14:1-4.

You said Jesus would not have wanted to see His mother on the cross, however, He also said to the disciples, "You have heard that I said to you, 'I go away and I will come to you,' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father and the Father is greater than I." John 14:28

Jesus did not leave us without hope, but rather He left so we could have hope in Him. I hope this helps you to understand Jesus a little better. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

I hope you won't mind if I post a little scripture. This comes from the book of Job:

"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.
"If there is an angel as mediator for him, one out of a thousand, to remind a man what is right for him, then let him be gracious to him and say, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit, I have found a ransom'; Let his flesh become fresher than in youth, let him return to the days of his youthful vigor; then he will pray to God, and he will accept him, that he may see His face with joy, and He may restore His righteousness to man. He will sing to men and say, 'I have sinned and perverted what is right, and it is not proper for me. 'He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit, and my life shall see light.'
"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life." Job 33:19-30.

You wrote if God really cared about us, He would have found a cure by now. The thing is, we all have a much, much greater sickness than CF. Because we live in a state of sin, our very hearts have become black and stained. While CF only affects our physical bodies, the sickness of sin affects our very soul.

This is the sickness which God is most concerned about, and this is the sickness which He has provided a cure for. When Jesus died on the cross, He did not simply die as you or I would die, but He took the sickness of sin as His own. Think of all the evil things that have been committed in this world; rapes, murders, wars; These things are a result of the sickness of sin. My heart is consumed with hate and lust and greed and deceit and jealousy and pride; even if I never act on these things, I cannot deny that the evil which consumes this world is also contained within my own heart.

This is the cure God has provided for us. It cost Him His only Son, but He gave it willingly because of His love for us. Jesus Christ has become a ransom for us. Even though He was free from sin, He has accepted our sickness as His own; we have only to give ourselves over to Him so that He can cure us.

You said it is not fair for those left behind when someone dies. Jesus was well aware of that, for He told His desciples, "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that he may be with you forever; that is the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot recieve, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; i will come to you." John 14:16-18. Jesus Christ is the ransom, and the Holy Spirit is the angel as mediator for us.

Furthermore, Jesus said before His death, "Do no let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and recieve you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also. And you know the way where I am going." John 14:1-4.

You said Jesus would not have wanted to see His mother on the cross, however, He also said to the disciples, "You have heard that I said to you, 'I go away and I will come to you,' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father and the Father is greater than I." John 14:28

Jesus did not leave us without hope, but rather He left so we could have hope in Him. I hope this helps you to understand Jesus a little better. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

T

theDUDE

thoughts on "GOD

If god was more concerned with our state of sin and tries to cure that, why is their still sin in the world? Lets face it, not that many people have CF, is it really that much trouble to cure it? or better question why start it? If he cant cure "sin" or CF what exactly does he do? Another thing, my family would probably (hopefully) rather have me alive instead of having the holy spirit act as angel for us. I am not trying to argue, i am just questioning.

T

theDUDE

thoughts on "GOD

If god was more concerned with our state of sin and tries to cure that, why is their still sin in the world? Lets face it, not that many people have CF, is it really that much trouble to cure it? or better question why start it? If he cant cure "sin" or CF what exactly does he do? Another thing, my family would probably (hopefully) rather have me alive instead of having the holy spirit act as angel for us. I am not trying to argue, i am just questioning.

T

theDUDE

thoughts on "GOD

T

theDUDE

thoughts on "GOD

T

theDUDE

thoughts on "GOD

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

Sin still exists in the world because not everyone has accepted Jesus Christ into his or her heart. Let's say a hospital finds the cure to CF; we would still have to enter into the hospital to recieve the cure. It is the same with sin. Jesus Christ has overcome sin and death, but unless we abide in Him and He in us, there is no way He can help us.

You ask what exactly it is God does. If you want to find out, you have to accept Jesus into your heart! I can give you testimony of what God has done for me, and I can point you to other testimonies of what God has done for others. (If you really are interested, I would suggest checking out a book called <u>The Heavenly Man</u> by Brother Yun, and another book called <u>Chasing the Dragon</u> by Jackie Pullinger.) And of course, there is also the Bible, which is the best resource. However, all of these things will be useless to you without the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Now, you are asking if it would really be that much trouble for God to cure CF. It is no trouble at all, but why would God cure CF? Ask yourself, if you did not have CF, would you be here asking these questions? If there was no pain or illness in this life, would anyone seek for God at all?

I agree, your family would rather have you alive, but you have to understand you are not alive right now. Your heart may still be beating and your lungs breathing, but your soul is in a state of death. As it says, "And you were dead by reason of your tresspasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love in which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places with Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come he might show the surpassing riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

Furthermore, it says, "If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righeousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." Romans 8:10-11.

This is what it means to have the Holy Spirit; it is to come to life. Remember the passage from the book of Job which I first posted. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.</end quote></div>

This is our lives without the Holy Spirit. With the Holy Spirit, however, <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"If there is an angel as mediator for him, one out of a thousand, to remind a man what is right for him, then let him be gracious to him and say, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit, I have found a ransom'; Let his flesh become fresher than in youth, let him return to the days of his youthful vigor; then he will pray to God, and he will accept him, that he may see His face with joy, and He may restore His righteousness to man. He will sing to men and say, 'I have sinned and perverted what is right, and it is not proper for me. 'He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit, and my life shall see light.'
"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life."</end quote></div>

So you see, the Holy Spirit does not merely fly around and try to comfort you, it is the Holy Spirit which provides life.

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

Sin still exists in the world because not everyone has accepted Jesus Christ into his or her heart. Let's say a hospital finds the cure to CF; we would still have to enter into the hospital to recieve the cure. It is the same with sin. Jesus Christ has overcome sin and death, but unless we abide in Him and He in us, there is no way He can help us.

You ask what exactly it is God does. If you want to find out, you have to accept Jesus into your heart! I can give you testimony of what God has done for me, and I can point you to other testimonies of what God has done for others. (If you really are interested, I would suggest checking out a book called <u>The Heavenly Man</u> by Brother Yun, and another book called <u>Chasing the Dragon</u> by Jackie Pullinger.) And of course, there is also the Bible, which is the best resource. However, all of these things will be useless to you without the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Now, you are asking if it would really be that much trouble for God to cure CF. It is no trouble at all, but why would God cure CF? Ask yourself, if you did not have CF, would you be here asking these questions? If there was no pain or illness in this life, would anyone seek for God at all?

I agree, your family would rather have you alive, but you have to understand you are not alive right now. Your heart may still be beating and your lungs breathing, but your soul is in a state of death. As it says, "And you were dead by reason of your tresspasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love in which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places with Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come he might show the surpassing riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

Furthermore, it says, "If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righeousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." Romans 8:10-11.

This is what it means to have the Holy Spirit; it is to come to life. Remember the passage from the book of Job which I first posted. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.</end quote></div>

This is our lives without the Holy Spirit. With the Holy Spirit, however, <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"If there is an angel as mediator for him, one out of a thousand, to remind a man what is right for him, then let him be gracious to him and say, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit, I have found a ransom'; Let his flesh become fresher than in youth, let him return to the days of his youthful vigor; then he will pray to God, and he will accept him, that he may see His face with joy, and He may restore His righteousness to man. He will sing to men and say, 'I have sinned and perverted what is right, and it is not proper for me. 'He has redeemed my soul from going to the pit, and my life shall see light.'
"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life."</end quote></div>

So you see, the Holy Spirit does not merely fly around and try to comfort you, it is the Holy Spirit which provides life.

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

This is what it means to have the Holy Spirit; it is to come to life. Remember the passage from the book of Job which I first posted. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.</end quote>

"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life."</end quote>

Mockingbird

thoughts on "GOD

This is what it means to have the Holy Spirit; it is to come to life. Remember the passage from the book of Job which I first posted. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>"Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, and with unceasing complaint in his bones; so that his life loathes bread, and his soul favorite food. His flesh wastes away from sight, and his bones which were not seen stick out. Then his soul draws near to the pit, and his life to those who bring death.</end quote>

"Behold, God does all these oftentimes with men, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be enlightened with the light of life."</end quote>