Time to Pay for our Respitech Vest

MargaritaChic

We have had the vest for a couple of months now and love it.

But now it is time to pay.

At the time it was ordered I was assured by the Respitory Therapist at our CF clinic that we would not have to pay anything for it. That the insurance company would cover the full amount.

I knew it sounded too good to be true. I recieved an explanation of Benefits statement from BCBS yesterday. Our portion is $1,307.97.

My husband called our respitory therapist. She says she is not familiar with Respitech, so she suggested we call them and see what they can do for us (ie. payment plan, etc.)

:-(

MargaritaChic

At the time it was ordered I was assured by the Respitory Therapist at our CF clinic that we would not have to pay anything for it. That the insurance company would cover the full amount.

I knew it sounded too good to be true. I recieved an explanation of Benefits statement from BCBS yesterday. Our portion is $1,307.97.

My husband called our respitory therapist. She says she is not familiar with Respitech, so she suggested we call them and see what they can do for us (ie. payment plan, etc.)

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />But now it is time to pay.
<br />
<br />At the time it was ordered I was assured by the Respitory Therapist at our CF clinic that we would not have to pay anything for it. That the insurance company would cover the full amount.
<br />
<br />I knew it sounded too good to be true. I recieved an explanation of Benefits statement from BCBS yesterday. Our portion is $1,307.97.
<br />
<br />My husband called our respitory therapist. She says she is not familiar with Respitech, so she suggested we call them and see what they can do for us (ie. payment plan, etc.)
<br />
<br />:-(
<br />

M

Mommafirst

I'm so sorry to hear this.

We decided to go with the hill-rom one because our RT said they worked very closely with the sales rep and they would work out any payments needed.

We just got a bill for $12. Its the final payment and the only I've had to make.

M

Mommafirst

We decided to go with the hill-rom one because our RT said they worked very closely with the sales rep and they would work out any payments needed.

We just got a bill for $12. Its the final payment and the only I've had to make.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />We decided to go with the hill-rom one because our RT said they worked very closely with the sales rep and they would work out any payments needed.
<br />
<br />We just got a bill for $12. Its the final payment and the only I've had to make.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have the hill-rom vest, but I seem to recall our being denied at first, then having to provide more info -- but told at the very beginning that this would happen and it would usually be covered and that they also had financing for what wasn't covered.

I think we ended up having to pay $500 out of pocket and that was after BCBS assigned us a case worker or someone from managed care... Originally we were told that we'd be responsible for 20% of any durable medical equipment, so I'd been trying to set aside some money just in case.

In any event the company should work with you to help with this, 'cuz it's my understanding they don't want to get the vest back. They'd rather you keep it until all the details are worked out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We have the hill-rom vest, but I seem to recall our being denied at first, then having to provide more info -- but told at the very beginning that this would happen and it would usually be covered and that they also had financing for what wasn't covered.

I think we ended up having to pay $500 out of pocket and that was after BCBS assigned us a case worker or someone from managed care... Originally we were told that we'd be responsible for 20% of any durable medical equipment, so I'd been trying to set aside some money just in case.

In any event the company should work with you to help with this, 'cuz it's my understanding they don't want to get the vest back. They'd rather you keep it until all the details are worked out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I think we ended up having to pay $500 out of pocket and that was after BCBS assigned us a case worker or someone from managed care... Originally we were told that we'd be responsible for 20% of any durable medical equipment, so I'd been trying to set aside some money just in case.
<br />
<br />In any event the company should work with you to help with this, 'cuz it's my understanding they don't want to get the vest back. They'd rather you keep it until all the details are worked out.

just1more

Definately call Respirtech.

They were great on ours, and were able to get paid by BCBS.

Remember, they have a vested (no pun intended) interest in getting the Ins. to pay as it is easier and more reliable than trying to get $$$ from families with CF.

The staff of both Respirtech & Hill-Rom are experience at working with insurance, and know all kinds of tricks to get paid.

Hopefully they can help you out and find a way to get the last bit covered. **crossing fingers**

just1more

Remember, they have a vested (no pun intended) interest in getting the Ins. to pay as it is easier and more reliable than trying to get $$$ from families with CF.

The staff of both Respirtech & Hill-Rom are experience at working with insurance, and know all kinds of tricks to get paid.

Hopefully they can help you out and find a way to get the last bit covered. **crossing fingers**

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />They were great on ours, and were able to get paid by BCBS.
<br />
<br />Remember, they have a vested (no pun intended) interest in getting the Ins. to pay as it is easier and more reliable than trying to get $$$ from families with CF.
<br />
<br />The staff of both Respirtech & Hill-Rom are experience at working with insurance, and know all kinds of tricks to get paid.
<br />
<br />Hopefully they can help you out and find a way to get the last bit covered. **crossing fingers**