To Anyone living in New York

eggshell

Hi my name is Denise and i need some help. Once Jan rolls around my only Insurance will be Medicare Part A and B. I need some assistance from anyone who lives in NY as to what other insurance i have to take out with Mecicare. I am part of the Over 21 program. My problem is - Medicare only covers 80% of bills. Also does anyone know what medications to include in PArt D? I have to sign up for that on Nov 15th.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you all!

Denise

eggshell

Hi my name is Denise and i need some help. Once Jan rolls around my only Insurance will be Medicare Part A and B. I need some assistance from anyone who lives in NY as to what other insurance i have to take out with Mecicare. I am part of the Over 21 program. My problem is - Medicare only covers 80% of bills. Also does anyone know what medications to include in PArt D? I have to sign up for that on Nov 15th.

Thank you all!

Denise

eggshell

Thank you all!

Denise

eggshell

Thank you all!

Denise

eggshell

Thank you all!

Denise

Middlemanpower

I'm in the same boat Denise, but I need to know if there is ANY insurance I can get on here in NYC. I'm thinking about moving from TN, and it's very scary, but I'm to healthy for disability and make more than $875/month so can't qualify for any government programs. Is there any way to get around that, or can I just drop my income somehow yet still do the job I love (maybe form another business I'm paid through or something, obviously it has to be legal)?

I'm scared, but so far everything has worked out so I'm hopeful. Thanks for the help!

Middlemanpower

I'm in the same boat Denise, but I need to know if there is ANY insurance I can get on here in NYC. I'm thinking about moving from TN, and it's very scary, but I'm to healthy for disability and make more than $875/month so can't qualify for any government programs. Is there any way to get around that, or can I just drop my income somehow yet still do the job I love (maybe form another business I'm paid through or something, obviously it has to be legal)?

I'm scared, but so far everything has worked out so I'm hopeful. Thanks for the help!

Middlemanpower

Middlemanpower

Middlemanpower

<br />
<br />I'm scared, but so far everything has worked out so I'm hopeful. Thanks for the help!

kbsonner

Have either of you tired to get Medical Assistance from the county or state you live in? I don't know anything about NY or TN and since my son is a minor I may not be of any help, but we have MN Care here also which is based off your income what you pay a month. Those are the only ideas I have. If you meet with a social worker in your county or even clinic/hospital they may have some ideas for you to.

kbsonner

Have either of you tired to get Medical Assistance from the county or state you live in? I don't know anything about NY or TN and since my son is a minor I may not be of any help, but we have MN Care here also which is based off your income what you pay a month. Those are the only ideas I have. If you meet with a social worker in your county or even clinic/hospital they may have some ideas for you to.

kbsonner

kbsonner

kbsonner

Nightwriter

Hi Denise
First, you should familiarize yourself with the Medicare website. Some of your questions are answered there. Most people buy a Medigap (or supplementary) policy which pays the 20% plus deductables. Part D covers drugs, although as I understand it, some nebulized meds are covered under Part B.

Concerning Part D ...On the Medicare website, they list the insurance companies serving N.Y. They also have an area where you plug in the drugs you use, and it compares the out-of-pocket costs for particular companies.

If you can't locate these sections on the website, call Social Security, ask for Medicare and they will walk you through it.

Another very helpful source is SHIP (State Health Assistance Program). They can answer all your questions too. Believe me, everyone is confused by these programs.

Second, For Eggshell & Middlemanpower: There might be some good news for both... There is a program called the N.Y. State Department of Health's Genetic Service Program (516) 474-7148. It sounds like it covers practically everything regardless of income.

Good Luck... New York is a great place to live!

Nightwriter

Hi Denise
First, you should familiarize yourself with the Medicare website. Some of your questions are answered there. Most people buy a Medigap (or supplementary) policy which pays the 20% plus deductables. Part D covers drugs, although as I understand it, some nebulized meds are covered under Part B.

Concerning Part D ...On the Medicare website, they list the insurance companies serving N.Y. They also have an area where you plug in the drugs you use, and it compares the out-of-pocket costs for particular companies.

If you can't locate these sections on the website, call Social Security, ask for Medicare and they will walk you through it.

Another very helpful source is SHIP (State Health Assistance Program). They can answer all your questions too. Believe me, everyone is confused by these programs.

Second, For Eggshell & Middlemanpower: There might be some good news for both... There is a program called the N.Y. State Department of Health's Genetic Service Program (516) 474-7148. It sounds like it covers practically everything regardless of income.

Nightwriter

Hi Denise

Nightwriter

Hi Denise

Nightwriter

Hi Denise
<br />First, you should familiarize yourself with the Medicare website. Some of your questions are answered there. Most people buy a Medigap (or supplementary) policy which pays the 20% plus deductables. Part D covers drugs, although as I understand it, some nebulized meds are covered under Part B.
<br />
<br />Concerning Part D ...On the Medicare website, they list the insurance companies serving N.Y. They also have an area where you plug in the drugs you use, and it compares the out-of-pocket costs for particular companies.
<br />
<br />If you can't locate these sections on the website, call Social Security, ask for Medicare and they will walk you through it.
<br />
<br />Another very helpful source is SHIP (State Health Assistance Program). They can answer all your questions too. Believe me, everyone is confused by these programs.
<br />
<br />
<br />Second, For Eggshell & Middlemanpower: There might be some good news for both... There is a program called the N.Y. State Department of Health's Genetic Service Program (516) 474-7148. It sounds like it covers practically everything regardless of income.
<br />
<br />Good Luck... New York is a great place to live!