to those with g-tubes

forroshis

I have three kiddos with g-tubes and every so often they will get sick after being hooked up for the night. Most of the time we have determined it'll happen after either their rate has changed and it is a lil too high for their tummy to handle or if they ate to much too close to the time of getting hooked up and their stomachs r too full so they will either throw up randomly thru the night or first thing in the morning after getting unhooked. There has been rare outta nowhere for no reason times it has happened but those times aren't very common.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Most of the time we have determined it'll happen after either their rate has changed and it is a lil too high for their tummy to handle or if they ate to much too close to the time of getting hooked up and their stomachs r too full.

Same here!

Maybe your rate is too high or the formula is too strong on your stomach? I took Nestle Nutren 2.0 for at least 3-4 years before we finally realized that's what was causing all of my stomach issues. They switched me over to Peptamen 1.5 and I've been doing fine ever since. It has less calories though so I have to take more of it but that's better than constant stomach pain.