TOBI vs. Cayston

scrapper1264

Does anyone know the difference between the two inhaled antibiotics? My son just started TOBI and after learning about the recently released Cayston, I am wondering what causes a doctor to prescribe one or the other.

scrapper1264

Does anyone know the difference between the two inhaled antibiotics? My son just started TOBI and after learning about the recently released Cayston, I am wondering what causes a doctor to prescribe one or the other.

scrapper1264

alannae

I'm very new to this, but my understanding is that TOBI is for pseudomonas (my baby is currently on TOBI for pseudo). I'm not sure what pathogen/bacteria Cayston is used for. Do you know what he cultured?

alannae

I'm very new to this, but my understanding is that TOBI is for pseudomonas (my baby is currently on TOBI for pseudo). I'm not sure what pathogen/bacteria Cayston is used for. Do you know what he cultured?

alannae

ymikhale

my understanding is that Cayston is an additional inhaled antibiotic to treat PA. Many people become resistant to TOBI over time, and with Cayston they have an alternative to IVs.

ymikhale

my understanding is that Cayston is an additional inhaled antibiotic to treat PA. Many people become resistant to TOBI over time, and with Cayston they have an alternative to IVs.

ymikhale

scrapper1264

Thanks, that makes sense. My son cultured for pseudomonas and staph back in July but did not start TOBI since he was not experiencing any symptoms. He cultured again in October and was put on TOBI since cold/flu season is here.

scrapper1264

Thanks, that makes sense. My son cultured for pseudomonas and staph back in July but did not start TOBI since he was not experiencing any symptoms. He cultured again in October and was put on TOBI since cold/flu season is here.

scrapper1264

<br />