Transitioning to and from hospital life and home life!

megan420

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a job. I dont lay around and do nothing with my days though; I keep busy. But when Im in the hospital, for the first week or so, all I want to do is go home. But after that period I get into the grove of being in the hospital. So when its time to go home, I question it and think I should stay in the hospital. So my mind get extreamly confused and it's hard to switch on my "reality" fuse and turn off my "hospital" fuse. Does any1 else have these feeling of confusment and is there anything you do to help?

megan420

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a job. I dont lay around and do nothing with my days though; I keep busy. But when Im in the hospital, for the first week or so, all I want to do is go home. But after that period I get into the grove of being in the hospital. So when its time to go home, I question it and think I should stay in the hospital. So my mind get extreamly confused and it's hard to switch on my "reality" fuse and turn off my "hospital" fuse. Does any1 else have these feeling of confusment and is there anything you do to help?

megan420

E

entropy

Same exact thing happens to me... at first, I'll miss many things about home life, but after a certain point, I start to appreciate having nurses wait on me hand and foot, I grow attached to the doctors and nurses, become used to the daily hospital routine and the hospital starts to feel like home. I become especially attached to the hospital if they're giving me narcotics. I remember being melancholy about having to go home after spending a month in the hospital when the time finally came.

E

entropy

Same exact thing happens to me... at first, I'll miss many things about home life, but after a certain point, I start to appreciate having nurses wait on me hand and foot, I grow attached to the doctors and nurses, become used to the daily hospital routine and the hospital starts to feel like home. I become especially attached to the hospital if they're giving me narcotics. I remember being melancholy about having to go home after spending a month in the hospital when the time finally came.

E

entropy

E

entropy

I'm not sure what you could do to help this... it sucks but is just part of the inpatient grind.

E

entropy

I'm not sure what you could do to help this... it sucks but is just part of the inpatient grind.

E

entropy