Transitioning to and from hospital life and home life!

megan420

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a job. I dont lay around and do nothing with my days though; I keep busy. But when Im in the hospital, for the first week or so, all I want to do is go home. But after that period I get into the grove of being in the hospital. So when its time to go home, I question it and think I should stay in the hospital. So my mind get extreamly confused and it's hard to switch on my "reality" fuse and turn off my "hospital" fuse. Does any1 else have these feeling of confusment and is there anything you do to help? Or even some1 that has these feeling too, so i know Im not the only 1! Any help at all is greatly apprieciated!

megan420

Ok, so Im having and have had difficulty in the transitioning to and from my life and going to the hospital for a couple weeks at a time! So heres my history; I go into the hospital roughly ever 2 months for about 2 weeks at a time. SInce I had a cardiac arrest in October 2010, I dont have a job. I dont lay around and do nothing with my days though; I keep busy. But when Im in the hospital, for the first week or so, all I want to do is go home. But after that period I get into the grove of being in the hospital. So when its time to go home, I question it and think I should stay in the hospital. So my mind get extreamly confused and it's hard to switch on my "reality" fuse and turn off my "hospital" fuse. Does any1 else have these feeling of confusment and is there anything you do to help? Or even some1 that has these feeling too, so i know Im not the only 1! Any help at all is greatly apprieciated!

megan420

Murgie

Megan, May I ask how old you are? I CANNOT BELIEVE you have suffered from cardiac arrest? I am in the hospital now with my 13 year old son, who came in here with chest pain. This is a huge concern of mine, but they are saying it is NOT related to CF, and his heart is just reacting to being ill. Can you tell me your health story and how in the world can someone as young and healthy looking as you ( in photo you look awesome) can be hospitalized every 2 months.
I cannot imagine the difficult transition, I just hope you have help from friends and family.

Murgie

Megan, May I ask how old you are? I CANNOT BELIEVE you have suffered from cardiac arrest? I am in the hospital now with my 13 year old son, who came in here with chest pain. This is a huge concern of mine, but they are saying it is NOT related to CF, and his heart is just reacting to being ill. Can you tell me your health story and how in the world can someone as young and healthy looking as you ( in photo you look awesome) can be hospitalized every 2 months.
I cannot imagine the difficult transition, I just hope you have help from friends and family.

Murgie

<br />I cannot imagine the difficult transition, I just hope you have help from friends and family.