transplant and alcohol

T

theDUDE

What are the effects of alcohol in those who are to start tests to determine if a transpalnt is necessary?

T

theDUDE

What are the effects of alcohol in those who are to start tests to determine if a transpalnt is necessary?

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

coltsfan715

I am not sure the effects of alcohol in those starting the evaluation for transplant, but I know that when I went through my evaluation pretty mcuh everyone asked me if I drank and if yes how much.

I have never been a big drinker, so that wasn't really an issue for me. I think the main concern with post transplant drinking is the liver. Alot of the meds you take post transplant can be hard on your liver and kidneys and filtering the meds out. I would think that after transplant it would be best to refrain from drinking for a good while until some of the med dosages are lowered or you are taken off of some of the meds.

If you are starting the evaluation I would definitely ask this question of your coordinators or doctors at your center. They may have a preference as to what THEY want you to do. I know personally my coordinator has said moderation for me. I normally only have a few drinks a year and that is on my birthday and New Years.

Who knows, hope that was somewhat helpful.

Good Luck with the Evaluation.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am not sure the effects of alcohol in those starting the evaluation for transplant, but I know that when I went through my evaluation pretty mcuh everyone asked me if I drank and if yes how much.

I have never been a big drinker, so that wasn't really an issue for me. I think the main concern with post transplant drinking is the liver. Alot of the meds you take post transplant can be hard on your liver and kidneys and filtering the meds out. I would think that after transplant it would be best to refrain from drinking for a good while until some of the med dosages are lowered or you are taken off of some of the meds.

If you are starting the evaluation I would definitely ask this question of your coordinators or doctors at your center. They may have a preference as to what THEY want you to do. I know personally my coordinator has said moderation for me. I normally only have a few drinks a year and that is on my birthday and New Years.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey