Transplant center in San Diego, CA?

<i>I also posted this in the "Adults" section, but thought I would post here in case more transplant people check here! Thanks!</i>

My husband is starting (emphasize STARTING) to consider the option of a transplant and we are trying to compare the pros and cons of different centers. I have done some research online at the UNOS site, but it would be very helpful to hear some real-life experiences if possible. We have been contacted by the University of Calif- San Diego center for him to come in and start all the initial testing possibly in 2 weeks. We are both excited and nervous at what that might hold.

The other major site possibility is Tucson, AZ (where we currently live), but we are willing to do San Diego because it seems like they do more lung transplants and we would like to be at a site with tons of experience.

Anybody here have any experience with either of those transplant centers?
Thanks!

<i>I also posted this in the "Adults" section, but thought I would post here in case more transplant people check here! Thanks!</i>

My husband is starting (emphasize STARTING) to consider the option of a transplant and we are trying to compare the pros and cons of different centers. I have done some research online at the UNOS site, but it would be very helpful to hear some real-life experiences if possible. We have been contacted by the University of Calif- San Diego center for him to come in and start all the initial testing possibly in 2 weeks. We are both excited and nervous at what that might hold.

The other major site possibility is Tucson, AZ (where we currently live), but we are willing to do San Diego because it seems like they do more lung transplants and we would like to be at a site with tons of experience.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!