travel tips with feeding supplies

mwinston87

at the end of july i am going to be flying to boston to see a red sox game and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best way to get feeding supplies to your destination. i booked a nonstop flight with jetblue so that i could have a free checked bag but was wondering if anyone knows of the best way to get a case of formula, iv pole, and all my other meds. any tips would help!! thanks!

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I'm not sure if this is going to be very helpful info. for you because it was at least 6 years ago. I remember when my family traveled to florida by plane my dad bought a large separate suitcase only for my medical supplies. We stayed a week so he packed enough formula and kangaroo bags. I love my travel/portable IV pole because it slides together, making it easy to fit inside of a large suitcase like the one we used. The downsides to this is, It's obviously going to be HEAVY and I'm not sure if airports charge you for extra luggage these days? The only suggestion I have is a large suitcase possibly. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

M

Mommafirst

In place of the IV pole, we always bring one of those 3M Command hooks. They remove from the wall without leaving any marks and you can put them up anywhere you need them. MUCH smaller to travel with.

I would probably pack the expensive stuff (pump) in my carry on and then put the other supplies and formula in a checked bag. Alternatively you could make up a box of the formula/bags/tapes/etc. and ship it to your destination. Just make sure the hotel knows to hold it for you. All that stuff will be disposable, so you wouldn't have to worry about getting it back home.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommafirst</b></i> In place of the IV pole, we always bring one of those 3M Command hooks. They remove from the wall without leaving any marks and you can put them up anywhere you need them. MUCH smaller to travel with. I would probably pack the expensive stuff (pump) in my carry on.</end quote>
Love the Command hook idea! I'll keep that in mind for myself actually. My mom recently moved and I will have to travel by plane to visit her.
I agree with Heather on packing the expensive pump in the carry on bag. My dad also did that as well!

mwinston87

man that is a great idea with the command hooks!! is it able to hold the weight of all the formula? i use 4 cans a night and wouldnt want to damage anyones wall if the hook were to fall off etc.