Travelling to NY - best care center?

Helenlight

Hi All,

We are travelling to New York later this year and are looking for a recommended paediatric care center for our 3 year old PWCF. She's DDF508. We will be staying with my partner's parents near Binghamton. I am not a citizen, but my partner is, and we are currently looking at getting dual citizenship for our daughter to hopefully help with healthcare if need be.

Additionally, any help or advice about insurance would be helpful, as I am trying to get my head around the US healthcare system (we don't need it where we are currently)! Does everyone have their kids covered under their own plan until they turn 26? Is Obamacare suitable for PWCF? I guess what I'm trying to ask is: What do you think the best coverage for a 3 year old would be, and how much would you expect to pay for coverage and medicines? I imagine we will only be looking at top-ups of meds and possibly sputum cultures, but if she needs a hospital stay while we are there, we need to know what our options are. We will potentially be coming every odd year for up to 3 months at a time.

Thanks