Treating MRSA

static

<P>What medications, if any, are currently being used to treat MRSA that can be taken for an extended period of time? </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Besides the usual CF mucus stuff, the only thing I really ever culture continuously is MRSA. </P>
<P> </P>
<P>I know at one point they were doing a trial on inhaled bactrim, is that still going on? </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Any feedback would be appreciated. </P>

static

<P>What medications, if any, are currently being used to treat MRSA that can be taken for an extended period of time? </P>
<P></P>
<P>Besides the usual CF mucus stuff, the only thing I really ever culture continuously is MRSA. </P>
<P></P>
<P>I know at one point they were doing a trial on inhaled bactrim, is that still going on? </P>
<P></P>
<P>Any feedback would be appreciated. </P>

static

<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Any feedback would be appreciated. <BR></P>

M

MiddleAgedLady

I've been on oral Bactrim DS for MRSA for several years now. It's helped me.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

CFkitty

Because MRSA lives in the sinuses, and I have needed oral antibiotics for the MRSA nine times in the past year, my doctor prescribed Genatmycin for nasal application. (I am allergic to Bactrim, and had been taking Doxycycline for MRSA flareups.)

It was really easy - I measured the prescribed amount and used the bottle from my Neilmed Sinus Rinse kit, and did that for two weeks. I have not had a MRSA flare-up since then (I have very specific symptoms with MRSA flare-ups). We'll see if it shows up on my next sputum culture!
Ask your doctor about nasal antibiotics. It's worth a shot.

CFkitty

Because MRSA lives in the sinuses, and I have needed oral antibiotics for the MRSA nine times in the past year, my doctor prescribed Genatmycin for nasal application. (I am allergic to Bactrim, and had been taking Doxycycline for MRSA flareups.)

It was really easy - I measured the prescribed amount and used the bottle from my Neilmed Sinus Rinse kit, and did that for two weeks. I have not had a MRSA flare-up since then (I have very specific symptoms with MRSA flare-ups). We'll see if it shows up on my next sputum culture!

CFkitty

tesorotiffa

I culture MRSA in lungs and sinuses, and I do not take any maintenance drugs for it. If I have an exacerbation, I take Bactrim DS or Zyvox. But on a regular basis, nothing.

tesorotiffa

I culture MRSA in lungs and sinuses, and I do not take any maintenance drugs for it. If I have an exacerbation, I take Bactrim DS or Zyvox. But on a regular basis, nothing.

tesorotiffa

When my son's mrsa flares up (additional coughing & congestion & exhaustion) we usually have linezolid (pills). We also use gentamicin in a nebulizer every day for one month on and one month off and have had good luck. He used to take bactrim but it doesn't seem to work any longer.

When my son's mrsa flares up (additional coughing & congestion & exhaustion) we usually have linezolid (pills). We also use gentamicin in a nebulizer every day for one month on and one month off and have had good luck. He used to take bactrim but it doesn't seem to work any longer.