Treatment time tobramycin

stock12

Hi all
I do to tobramycin nebules through a pariboy sx compressor, years ago treatment times were around 20 mins or so now they seem to be taking around 40 minutes, which is quite time consuming I am thinking of switching back to the tobi podhaler, before i do does anyone have any advice or had experience compressor seems to be working fine and equipment is clean.
Thanks for any information
Stock from australia

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need a new compressor with the amount of time these machines are used, they don't last all that long. When ds was a baby, it started taking 45-50 minutes then a relative whose child had asthma gave us an older machine and it only took 15-20 so I ordered a new machine seems like every 2 years or so we need a new one fortunately there's a 3-5 year warranty on most compressors.

stock12

Thanks ratatosk good advice, that could be it, i will contact the supplier and see what they say i actually purchased two to alternate between treatments they will be under warranty
Thanks

stephen

Super Moderator
I’m not using TOBI anymore, but during the many years I did, the treatments took less than 15 minutes. When they started taking longer, something was wrong. Usually it was a leak in the tubing between the compressor and nebulizer.

stock12

I’m not using TOBI anymore, but during the many years I did, the treatments took less than 15 minutes. When they started taking longer, something was wrong. Usually it was a leak in the tubing between the compressor and nebulizer.
Thanks guys i ended up buying a phillips innospire takes ten minutes so much faster so i will stick with those for now
Cheers