metamucil or citrucel
stool softeners:
colace
surfak
laxatives:
senokot
pericolcace
milk of magnesia

if you are in pain i would call the doctor to see what they recommend. i think all of the above take a day or two to work their best. and remember...don't strain!!! don't want to wind up with those nice hemorrhoids to deal with on top of being preggo! hope you feel relief soon!

S

semperfiohana

my ob gave me an entire page of medicines we can take. so here i go:
constipation:
fiber therapy:
fibercon
metamucil or citrucel
stool softeners:
colace
surfak
laxatives:
senokot
pericolcace
milk of magnesia

if you are in pain i would call the doctor to see what they recommend. i think all of the above take a day or two to work their best. and remember...don't strain!!! don't want to wind up with those nice hemorrhoids to deal with on top of being preggo! hope you feel relief soon!

S

semperfiohana

constipation:
fiber therapy:
fibercon
metamucil or citrucel
stool softeners:
colace
surfak
laxatives:
senokot
pericolcace
milk of magnesia

S

semperfiohana

constipation:
fiber therapy:
fibercon
metamucil or citrucel
stool softeners:
colace
surfak
laxatives:
senokot
pericolcace
milk of magnesia

S

semperfiohana

<br />constipation:
<br />fiber therapy:
<br />fibercon
<br />metamucil or citrucel
<br />stool softeners:
<br />colace
<br />surfak
<br />laxatives:
<br />senokot
<br />pericolcace
<br />milk of magnesia
<br />
<br />if you are in pain i would call the doctor to see what they recommend. i think all of the above take a day or two to work their best. and remember...don't strain!!! don't want to wind up with those nice hemorrhoids to deal with on top of being preggo! hope you feel relief soon!

tinamarie4685

Thanks!! I am FINALLY going potty now. I drank some Milk of Magnesia & it worked within 6 hours! Thank goodness. I realized that I was eating a lot of cheese, not crazy amounts but more than usual - so that could have been the culprit!

It's so funny how when you cant stop going #2 (i get diarrhea from meds a lot) you wish it would stop.. and then when you can't get a bowel out, you wish it would just start! lol.

tinamarie4685

Thanks!! I am FINALLY going potty now. I drank some Milk of Magnesia & it worked within 6 hours! Thank goodness. I realized that I was eating a lot of cheese, not crazy amounts but more than usual - so that could have been the culprit!

It's so funny how when you cant stop going #2 (i get diarrhea from meds a lot) you wish it would stop.. and then when you can't get a bowel out, you wish it would just start! lol.

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

<br />
<br />It's so funny how when you cant stop going #2 (i get diarrhea from meds a lot) you wish it would stop.. and then when you can't get a bowel out, you wish it would just start! lol.

K

Keepercjr

Tina

Glad you found some relief. This pregnancy is SO different from when I was pg with my son. With my son I had diarrhea pretty much the entire 9 months (starting from the day I got my +). This time I've been constipated. Along with other differences this pregnancy has been such different experience. My "drug of choice" is Miralax but like Tara said, it can take a few days for relief since it is very gentle and works by keeping more water in your intestines. Lately I've been semi-regular so ok for now.

Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet? One of my favorite breakfasts is instant oatmeal (I prefer the cinnamon roll flavor) and adding 2 table spoons of ground flax seed. That gets you lots of fiber to start your day. You still need to get more throughout the day though. I also like these tortillas that my mom finds that are made w/ olive oil and sun dried tomatoes. they have 14 grams of fiber per tortilla and are SO GOOD. If I eat 2 of them I'm almost at the fiber quota for the day in 1 meal alone. Don't get me wrong - I'm not all that great about getting enough fiber but I do make an effort most days. When it is raspberry season we eat them like they're candy... sometimes they all get eaten before we can even get them home from the farmer's market. And they're a great source of fiber along w/ other important nutrients.

For a good resource on the 'net I like WHFoods.com Here is the link to the fiber page: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=59
">http://www.whfoods.com/genpage...name=nutrient&dbid=59
</a>
It gives a great list of what foods have the most fiber.

K

Keepercjr

Tina

Glad you found some relief. This pregnancy is SO different from when I was pg with my son. With my son I had diarrhea pretty much the entire 9 months (starting from the day I got my +). This time I've been constipated. Along with other differences this pregnancy has been such different experience. My "drug of choice" is Miralax but like Tara said, it can take a few days for relief since it is very gentle and works by keeping more water in your intestines. Lately I've been semi-regular so ok for now.

Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet? One of my favorite breakfasts is instant oatmeal (I prefer the cinnamon roll flavor) and adding 2 table spoons of ground flax seed. That gets you lots of fiber to start your day. You still need to get more throughout the day though. I also like these tortillas that my mom finds that are made w/ olive oil and sun dried tomatoes. they have 14 grams of fiber per tortilla and are SO GOOD. If I eat 2 of them I'm almost at the fiber quota for the day in 1 meal alone. Don't get me wrong - I'm not all that great about getting enough fiber but I do make an effort most days. When it is raspberry season we eat them like they're candy... sometimes they all get eaten before we can even get them home from the farmer's market. And they're a great source of fiber along w/ other important nutrients.

For a good resource on the 'net I like WHFoods.com Here is the link to the fiber page: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=59
</a>

K

Keepercjr

Tina

</a>

K

Keepercjr

Tina

</a>

K

Keepercjr

Tina
<br />
<br />Glad you found some relief. This pregnancy is SO different from when I was pg with my son. With my son I had diarrhea pretty much the entire 9 months (starting from the day I got my +). This time I've been constipated. Along with other differences this pregnancy has been such different experience. My "drug of choice" is Miralax but like Tara said, it can take a few days for relief since it is very gentle and works by keeping more water in your intestines. Lately I've been semi-regular so ok for now.
<br />
<br />Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet? One of my favorite breakfasts is instant oatmeal (I prefer the cinnamon roll flavor) and adding 2 table spoons of ground flax seed. That gets you lots of fiber to start your day. You still need to get more throughout the day though. I also like these tortillas that my mom finds that are made w/ olive oil and sun dried tomatoes. they have 14 grams of fiber per tortilla and are SO GOOD. If I eat 2 of them I'm almost at the fiber quota for the day in 1 meal alone. Don't get me wrong - I'm not all that great about getting enough fiber but I do make an effort most days. When it is raspberry season we eat them like they're candy... sometimes they all get eaten before we can even get them home from the farmer's market. And they're a great source of fiber along w/ other important nutrients.
<br />
<br />For a good resource on the 'net I like WHFoods.com Here is the link to the fiber page: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=59
</a><br />
<br />It gives a great list of what foods have the most fiber.

mom2lillian

prunes have worked well for me and constipation was a rpoblem thorughout my pregnancy so I learned that by eating 3 prunes a day I would be ok. 2 was not enough and 4 was too much--unless I was experiencing a problem. I felt happy finding a way to prevent the rpoblem from occuring (and the pain) and not having to rely on OTC stuff long term.

mom2lillian

prunes have worked well for me and constipation was a rpoblem thorughout my pregnancy so I learned that by eating 3 prunes a day I would be ok. 2 was not enough and 4 was too much--unless I was experiencing a problem. I felt happy finding a way to prevent the rpoblem from occuring (and the pain) and not having to rely on OTC stuff long term.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian