Tuesday treasures

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Join the fun in this new weekly blog! My Tuesday Treasures blog is all about memories. We could definitely use some happy action around here.

The school year starts up again soon (ALREADY!) Please share a few sentences describing your favorite memories (or your child's, grandchild, etc.) from any school year. This can include most memorable grade/year, favorite teacher, favorite subjects, school events, sports, etc. Here is mine for this week...

My favorite year was 2000-2001. (The majority was 2000) I was 9 years old and in the fourth grade. I feel like I got to enjoy the school year much more than any other year because my teacher was really nice, fun, let the class do things that other teachers wouldn't and she was very accepting of my CF. She encouraged the whole class to write in our Journals everyday for part of english/writing class. At the end of the year I had two full journals that she bound together for me! (because we were really only writing on pieces of paper in a three ring binder) I was so proud of myself once during that year when the teacher mentioned my name to the entire class. She was disappointed that a lot of my classmates weren't writing as much as they should. At the end of the school year I received the writing AND spelling award! I always got A's & B's on my spelling tests because I loved to study my word list. I still have both of my bounded journals and I laugh my butt off every time I go back and read what I wrote! lol I would doodle pictures related to what I wrote that day and asked my teacher questions. When she read and graded them she had written in her answers for me. One day of the year was "Pajama Day" and we were allowed to bring our sleeping bags and have reading time. After my teacher talked to the principal she let us bring our PETS in for sharing time at the end of the day when it was our birthday!

Like I mentioned above, my teacher was very accepting of my CF. She always made sure I was okay without asking in front of the whole class. I was really healthy that year with NO hospitalizations. I only missed a half of day of school whenever I had a CF appointment. I only missed ONE day of school & that was because they went on a field trip to a sewage plant place (I missed school on purpose :p) To my surprise she gave me the "Excellent Attendance" award. She didn't count the half days that I missed from CF Clinic visits in the morning. I have to admit I used to dread going to school. I didn't like anything about it but I loved fourth grade!

Here are a few school pictures....

Kindergarden
th_photo.jpg

Fourth Grade
th_photo-1.jpg

8th Grade
th_photo-2.jpg

What are your favorite school memories from any year?

Imogene

Administrator
Your teacher sounds so special....she is a model! Imagine the difference she made in your life....I think this story should be a viral one for teachers as they begin the school year. I love your pictures. You are teaching us...Thanks for sharing!