Tuesday treasures

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
It's Tuesday! :) Please share your favorite birthday memories such as presents, surprises, age milestone, etc. My birthday is on Friday and I thought this topic fit perfect this week! Here are some of my favorite birthday memories...

One of the best birthday presents I got was my first American Girl Doll when I turned 8 years old. I was getting ready to start the 3rd grade. Earlier that year I had discovered American Girl Dolls at a friends house. They are very expensive toys/collectors dolls around $95 per doll. You can see them here at their official website www.americangirl.com They also sell all kinds of doll clothes, accessories, beds, fake food, and much more. I consider myself blessed to be able to play with such high cost toys. I know a lot of children that don't have more than a plastic baby doll or barbie. I'm also thankful for my parents that spent all that money just to make my childhood the best they could for me. Those dolls kept me happy for a long time. I played with them almost every day. By the time I grew out of American Girl dolls I had SIX of them. Plus, 4 beds, tons of clothes, back packs, and fake food. THOUSANDS of dollars worth. I know you're wondering what I did with everything....Actually, I STILL have every single item. I've been checking E-bay for pricing on certain items that are older (They no longer sell) I'm currently waiting until Oct.-Nov. (Christmas!) to list some of my things.

Another good memory I have was when I turned 15 years old in 2006. I thought it would be neat if I blew the candles out on my cake at the exact time I was born which was 2:33 P.M. I made a wish of course....One that came true. I was still in high school obviously and I knew I was definitely going to prom my junior & senior year which was 2 years away. (Keep in mind I'm still waiting transplant in 2006) SO when I blew those candles out I wished that my friend Jake (long time "crush") would take me to prom. Little did I know.... 2 years later in April 2008... JAKE ASKED ME TO PROM! :D So there you have it. My wish came true.

Here is a picture of me blowing my candles out and making my wish...(By the way, the cake says I love Jesse lol AKA the singer/actor I was in love with at that time)

IMG_0496.jpg

And here we are at Prom April 2008

photo-3.jpg

What is your favorite birthday memory?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Fun birthday memories Amber! You sound like Jesse with his GI Joes. He has all their accessories, uniforms, guns, camping equipment too. So collectible! That's as close as I will ever get to dolls in my house! Lol

Ok, this will date me....My favorite birthday memory was my third grade birthday-9 ? I got a brownie hawkeye camera (google it youngins) and a troll doll ( google Again youngins). I thought I was i was so very cool!

My second fav birthday was a more recent milestone, my girlfriends and I went to Jamaica! So very cool on a whole different level ;)

Imogene

Administrator
I love "designer days" with my grandchildren. This Friday, I'm taking 7 year old Julia to NYC and the Brooklyn Diner, the Museum of Art and Design (mad), Lees art store, Central Park and Ellen's Stardust Diner. Whew...it may be too much.
but then on to Canton Ohio with my 9 year old grandson Evan. To the Football Hall of Fame.....
I like places....
I have an olive oil doll though!