Tuesday treasures

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
It's Tuesday! :) Please share a few sentences about your favorite memory of a childhood game. (such as board games, cards, pick up sticks, outside fun, etc.) Afterwards I have a mini fun game to share. Here is mine for the week...

When I was very young I used to visit & spend the night at my grandparents a lot. My grandma had the Memory Game where you flip two card over and match them. I would ask her every time I came over if we could play. Eventually we played it so often that we lost a few cards along the way. Therefore, the ones that had no matches we couldn't use. I think it was only 3 cards that didn't have matches. Surprisingly my grandma STILL has that game today with the cards all rough around the edges and a few spot stains on the back of some of them. The box is falling apart but the game is usable! :eek: A LONG time ago grandma used to be ahead of me and win multiple times but as time moves on it has slowly switched to the opposite where I win most of the time :p

A few of my other favorite games that are still common today were Trouble, Sorry!, and Clue.

I play games every now and then even though I'm 21 :) I love card games. My boyfriend and I play UNO sometimes and when we get together with our families we play Apples to Apples. It's a fun and hilarious card game to play with friends and/or family. You can read how to play at Wikipedia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apples_to_apples

Green cards have only describing words on them. You need at least 4 players. Everyone has 7 red cards in their hands at all times. (No one else can see your red cards) Each turn a green card is chosen you have to chose only one red card in your hand that BEST describes that word. (Even if it doesn't make any sense!, that's what makes it funny!) Or you can be funny on purpose and choose whatever red card you want.

Here is an example of a game play;

DSC01423.jpg

Which red card do you think is the most Outrageous??

What are your favorite childhood games or games we play today?

Imogene

Administrator
Thanks Amber...Today is my cousin Billy's birthday...he died 20 years ago...and oh did we play Monopoly...I can still see him getting out the game as soon as I stepped into the house...Pass Go...Jeannie!

beleache

Wow, I dont know if I can think back that far lol OK , well I grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y. & I guess besides playing with all of my Barbie stuff, playing outdoors was the best ! All the kids on my block stayed out all day & actually played games ! We rode bikes, played stoop ball, stick ball, war , etc. So much fun ! So many great memories :)

JORDYSMOM

Monopoly was definitely one of my favorites. Also the game Sorry. I was usually outside though, riding bikes or my skateboard.

Stacey