Tune up survival

Diane

As over cautious as this may sound you may want to take a container of sanitizing wipes.
Who knows what the person in there before you had, and housekeeping isnt the same as it use to be years ago in a hospital, so you may want to wipe down anything you will touch.
Bedrails, door knobs, the tv controls, the table, the phone, the water faucet handles, the handle on the toilet etc etc etc.

Diane

As over cautious as this may sound you may want to take a container of sanitizing wipes.
Who knows what the person in there before you had, and housekeeping isnt the same as it use to be years ago in a hospital, so you may want to wipe down anything you will touch.
Bedrails, door knobs, the tv controls, the table, the phone, the water faucet handles, the handle on the toilet etc etc etc.

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br /> Who knows what the person in there before you had, and housekeeping isnt the same as it use to be years ago in a hospital, so you may want to wipe down anything you will touch.
<br /> Bedrails, door knobs, the tv controls, the table, the phone, the water faucet handles, the handle on the toilet etc etc etc.
<br />

blackchameleon

yeah thats a good point Diane, i clean everthing i may touch too. some people come and took swabs for a test of how well sterilized everything is left between patients around my bed, phone, tv control, nurse bell bed rails etc after it had all been cleaned and before i moved in. the results were not good and in fact pretty disgusting. because of that i take my own bed, bed linen and pillows now as well as having my own tv and stereo system and comfy old lounge chair bought in. it looks strange having a colonial style double bed in with three single hospital beds and i get tired of people seeing the lounge and stereo/tv set up and commenting "make yourself at home mate". gotta admit when the pool table and BBQ arrived i did feel a bit self conscious for a while! still, it makes hospital kinda like a holiday and i save a fortune on buying alcohol. did you know that just 5 mils of bourben in 100mils saline through your port line over an hour is perfect for that "mellow buzz" that normally cost a fortune. and because you have it with saline there is no dehydration and hangover! perfect. the only catch is convincing them to chill your saline bag and not give the game away! cheers Blacky

blackchameleon

yeah thats a good point Diane, i clean everthing i may touch too. some people come and took swabs for a test of how well sterilized everything is left between patients around my bed, phone, tv control, nurse bell bed rails etc after it had all been cleaned and before i moved in. the results were not good and in fact pretty disgusting. because of that i take my own bed, bed linen and pillows now as well as having my own tv and stereo system and comfy old lounge chair bought in. it looks strange having a colonial style double bed in with three single hospital beds and i get tired of people seeing the lounge and stereo/tv set up and commenting "make yourself at home mate". gotta admit when the pool table and BBQ arrived i did feel a bit self conscious for a while! still, it makes hospital kinda like a holiday and i save a fortune on buying alcohol. did you know that just 5 mils of bourben in 100mils saline through your port line over an hour is perfect for that "mellow buzz" that normally cost a fortune. and because you have it with saline there is no dehydration and hangover! perfect. the only catch is convincing them to chill your saline bag and not give the game away! cheers Blacky

blackchameleon

blackchameleon

blackchameleon

T

TonyaH

Lysol wipes stay on Andrew's bedside table and the room gets cleaned,,including all door handles..multiple times a day.

Also, a great suggestion I found here, and one I use every time, is to make sure that your med schedule is adjusted to what your home schedule will be before you are discharged. Most meds can only be adjusted one or two hours at a time, so it takes a few doses to get the timing right. Having the nurse help you do it in house makes going home much easier!

T

TonyaH

Lysol wipes stay on Andrew's bedside table and the room gets cleaned,,including all door handles..multiple times a day.

Also, a great suggestion I found here, and one I use every time, is to make sure that your med schedule is adjusted to what your home schedule will be before you are discharged. Most meds can only be adjusted one or two hours at a time, so it takes a few doses to get the timing right. Having the nurse help you do it in house makes going home much easier!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />Also, a great suggestion I found here, and one I use every time, is to make sure that your med schedule is adjusted to what your home schedule will be before you are discharged. Most meds can only be adjusted one or two hours at a time, so it takes a few doses to get the timing right. Having the nurse help you do it in house makes going home much easier!