Tune up time...a little worse than regular

Jbenjamin152

So I am in and it sucks...they enacted this new "rule" that no children under the age of 17 are allowed...NOT COOL...I have a 1 year old...Zander he just turned 1 and I missed trick or treating with him and not about to not be able to see him for 2 or 3 weeks that's gonna kill me and him..he has his daddy days and his mommy days but I'm not going to be there...my o2 stats are in the high 80s when I sleep and 93 on room air...time for oxygen that sucks...stuck in my room except when I move down here to chit chat lol the cepecia is making me fight...on 4 meds(antibiotics) at once...Cipro, Bactrum, Zocin, and Vancomyocin. That's over kill right...leaving me really run down...I fall asleep randomly in the day...and can't sleep for the world at night am I alone on that?

Jbenjamin152

So I am in and it sucks...they enacted this new "rule" that no children under the age of 17 are allowed...NOT COOL...I have a 1 year old...Zander he just turned 1 and I missed trick or treating with him and not about to not be able to see him for 2 or 3 weeks that's gonna kill me and him..he has his daddy days and his mommy days but I'm not going to be there...my o2 stats are in the high 80s when I sleep and 93 on room air...time for oxygen that sucks...stuck in my room except when I move down here to chit chat lol the cepecia is making me fight...on 4 meds(antibiotics) at once...Cipro, Bactrum, Zocin, and Vancomyocin. That's over kill right...leaving me really run down...I fall asleep randomly in the day...and can't sleep for the world at night am I alone on that?

Jbenjamin152

Jbenjamin152

Jbenjamin152

LouLou

Hi Jben,

That is a lot of meds and yes sleeplessness is common with abx use. Especially if you are cat napping during the day. I bet because of the cepacia you can't go for physical therapy each day either? Perhaps they can put a Wii Fit in your room. I've heard of this at other hospitals. You need to knock that crud right out of your lungs.

You have so much to look forward to when you get out of the hospital, holidays and such and then watching your children grow up in the coming years. Focus on the here and now. You are in hosp to get well. That is your job. Do it for Xander. Getting completely well will likely involve resolving to be inpatient consentingly without pining for your son. Try to do anything to get past the homesickness for the sake of your health. I say this because I know if I am stressing about something I don't get as much out of my IV abx treatment.

Get well. Chin up. This will seem like a blink of the eye in hindsight come new year. Get 'er done!

LouLou

Hi Jben,

That is a lot of meds and yes sleeplessness is common with abx use. Especially if you are cat napping during the day. I bet because of the cepacia you can't go for physical therapy each day either? Perhaps they can put a Wii Fit in your room. I've heard of this at other hospitals. You need to knock that crud right out of your lungs.

You have so much to look forward to when you get out of the hospital, holidays and such and then watching your children grow up in the coming years. Focus on the here and now. You are in hosp to get well. That is your job. Do it for Xander. Getting completely well will likely involve resolving to be inpatient consentingly without pining for your son. Try to do anything to get past the homesickness for the sake of your health. I say this because I know if I am stressing about something I don't get as much out of my IV abx treatment.

Get well. Chin up. This will seem like a blink of the eye in hindsight come new year. Get 'er done!

LouLou

Hi Jben,

LouLou

Hi Jben,

LouLou

Hi Jben,
<br />
<br />That is a lot of meds and yes sleeplessness is common with abx use. Especially if you are cat napping during the day. I bet because of the cepacia you can't go for physical therapy each day either? Perhaps they can put a Wii Fit in your room. I've heard of this at other hospitals. You need to knock that crud right out of your lungs.
<br />
<br />You have so much to look forward to when you get out of the hospital, holidays and such and then watching your children grow up in the coming years. Focus on the here and now. You are in hosp to get well. That is your job. Do it for Xander. Getting completely well will likely involve resolving to be inpatient consentingly without pining for your son. Try to do anything to get past the homesickness for the sake of your health. I say this because I know if I am stressing about something I don't get as much out of my IV abx treatment.
<br />
<br />Get well. Chin up. This will seem like a blink of the eye in hindsight come new year. Get 'er done!

regina65

I have b cepacia also and when I was in the hospital of course I was in isolation. I know you don't feel like doing much b/c of the abx. But try and get some sort of exercise in that room. ( if you cant leave the room like me) I have never really had a exercise regimen at all ,but then I was working full time and that kept me moving. But going into that room for 5 days and laying in bed and sitting really did a number on my lungs besides the cepacia. I found out I had cepacia in nov.2008. And then shortly after I caught a virus with a lot of congestion and drainage. It took me months to get my strength back . The abx made me feel really bad , but the next time I go in I will get some exercise if I have to do jumping jacks in the room. Good luck hope you feel better. And hey look on the bright side at least you're not in during Thanksgiving. You would be upset then not getting to spend it with your wife and baby.

regina/44/w/cf/2 strands of b cepacia/mrsa

regina65

I have b cepacia also and when I was in the hospital of course I was in isolation. I know you don't feel like doing much b/c of the abx. But try and get some sort of exercise in that room. ( if you cant leave the room like me) I have never really had a exercise regimen at all ,but then I was working full time and that kept me moving. But going into that room for 5 days and laying in bed and sitting really did a number on my lungs besides the cepacia. I found out I had cepacia in nov.2008. And then shortly after I caught a virus with a lot of congestion and drainage. It took me months to get my strength back . The abx made me feel really bad , but the next time I go in I will get some exercise if I have to do jumping jacks in the room. Good luck hope you feel better. And hey look on the bright side at least you're not in during Thanksgiving. You would be upset then not getting to spend it with your wife and baby.

regina65

regina65

regina65

<br />
<br /> regina/44/w/cf/2 strands of b cepacia/mrsa