Turned 50 yesterday.

azdesertrat

Wow... Who'da thunk it?
I turned 50 yesterday. It was the best birthday I've ever had.
We had a section in my favorite Mexican food restaurant reserved for the party. It had around 30 seats in it.
The party started at 1PM. At around 1:15 I got up & started walking to where my former boss was sitting, I had something I wanted to talk with him about.
I quickly forgot what I was going to say because before I reached the table where Stratton was sitting, who should stroll in but my Mom! She & my younger sister had driven down from ID. just for the occasion.
I was floored.
My jaw hit the floor & my eyes bugged out. It was weird, but fantastic.
I had written on Mom's FB pg that all I wanted for my b-day was a 'Mom Hug' well, I got it.
All together, we had 43 people show up.
Most of them were family & my 'Adopted Family', the people I worked for at the job I had when I was forced into retirement.
Two of my cousins that I hadn't seen in about 35 yrs. were there. It was real neat to see them.
Yea, this was the best birthday ever.
I hope everyone is well, and as happy as I am right now.
Be good, 'Pat'. :D

Jet

Welcome to the +50 club. Most people fret about hitting these age milestones. I'm just happy to keep knocking them off. You're blessed to have a wonderful family and friends for support. For me it makes all the difference.

azdesertrat

Thank you both, I appreciate your well-wishes.
Yea, most people cry like little weenies when they hit 50, while those of us with CF are tickled pink just to have lived that long & have some semblance of health remaining!
I hope the younger people that suffer with this damnable disease will see that it isn't a death sentence. I truly believe those kids of 20 or less are going to live longer, healthier lives with less suffering of the symptoms of CF in their lives.
We're gaining on the disease on a daily basis. The longer ya hang out, the better off you're gonna be!
I thank God daily for reaching this milestone. I hope everybody reading this has the same pleasure. In fact, I hope all those younger 'kids' that read this live twice as long as I do with 1/2 or less the problems I've had.
Take care, be good to yourselves, it'll pay off in the long run.

azdesertrat

Thank you all! I'm still grinnin' like a fool at the thought of that B-Day party.
I need a good memory like that to look back on. I left for ID. on June 10th.
About 10 mi. south of Flagstaff, AZ. I hit a huge elk with my little Ford Ranger pickup truck. It sure didn't do my little truck any good, but Praise God, I was un-hurt.
Now I'm fighting with my insurance company, trying to get a decent settlement out of them.
After that's all done, we get to start re-building my truck.
What a drag...