twins

alfie

Hi ladies. Just wondering is there any females with cf that had twins. How was the pregnancy for you? Feedback would be really appreciated. I'm so excited but also so anxious and worried about a lot a things.
Thank you in advance :)

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I haven't had kids yet but just wanted to say Congratulations!! What a blessing! Do you know the sexes yet? My cousin (no CF) just announced the gender of her twins last week. 2 girls! No one expected it. I'm so happy for her and you :) good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I hope you get some responses. Much love,

Meg73

Congrats! I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant, but only with one, so can't give any twin-related advice. I'm very excited for my baby, but that didn't stop me from being very anxious, especially for the first half of my pregnancy. So I understand the excited yet worried feeling. It's been a roller coaster for my emotions for sure.

lovemyboy507

I don't have cf but had twins one with cf and one without. If there are any questions you have about having and raising twins (body changes, pressure on your lungs etc) I would be more than happy to help. Congratulations having twins is so special if I were younger I would have another set without a doubt they are amazing!!!

R

Red9928

Congratulations! I have CF, but wasn't actually diagnosed until after I had my twins. But I have always had chronic respiratory issues along with a bronchiectasis diagnosis (which finally led to a CF diagnosis). Anyway, I too, was pretty anxious about having twins...would they be healthy, would I stay healthy, would I gain enough weight, would I be able to nurse. I was extremely fortunate that I had an amazing outcome, and actually felt very good (albeit ️crazy tired!) during my pregnancy and during the first year of breast feeding. I gained weight easily while pregnant, but had a hard time maintaining my weight while nursing and my health did suffer a bit. It's an amazing, exhausting experience, please feel free to message me with any questions or concerns. I wish you all the best with your journey! Btw my twin boys are now 10!

W

welshwitch

There have been a few women with CF that I know of that had twins. As far as I know they all had successful pregnancies! Wish I had advice myself :) Congrats!

Meg73

how do you guys handle taking meds while pregnant?

When I was first pregnant, I went over my drug list with the pharmacist at my CF clinic. We talked about each drug, why it was important, and whether it made sense to keep taking it, change to a different safer drug, or stop taking it. I felt better about the drugs I'm on after going over the risks and benefits of each. At my first visit with my perinatologist, I went over all my drugs again with her.

Also, I don't take pre-natal vitamins. I found I had to keep taking my CF vitamins in order to keep those vitamin levels where they are supposed to be. I take extra folic acid to make up for not being on pre-natals.

alfie

update

Sorry I have posted in so long. Just wanted to give an update. I delivered my twins at 29+5 weeks. A boy and a girl. They are 5 and a half weeks old now and doing very well. I have them home now after a long 4 weeks in the NICU. This is the best Christmas present I could ask for. ☺

T

The Dot

Thanks for the update - that is fabulous news! Merry Christmas!!!