type of portable compressor to use with TOBI

seasalt

Thank you for your response.

Is it safe to say that if IV Tobramycin doesn't cause bronchoconstriction for me, then it is the equivalent to TOBI for all intents and purposes?

seasalt

Is it safe to say that if IV Tobramycin doesn't cause bronchoconstriction for me, then it is the equivalent to TOBI for all intents and purposes?

seasalt

seasalt

seasalt

tara

I wouldn't call it equivalent, but I would call it a substitute. You can't call it equivalent because TOBI was designed to be inhaled, tobra is not.

There are some people that cannot tolerate IV tobra inhaled. There are some (myself) who now cannot tolerate TOBI. It's definitely worth a call to your doctor. There were many of us that relied on it in the 80's/90's before TOBI was available and there are many parts of the world that STILL use IV gentamicin inhaled (I like to call Gentamicin, Tobra's cousin) because gentamicin is more readily available than tobra for some reason. My theory is, if it works, use it.

tara

I wouldn't call it equivalent, but I would call it a substitute. You can't call it equivalent because TOBI was designed to be inhaled, tobra is not.

There are some people that cannot tolerate IV tobra inhaled. There are some (myself) who now cannot tolerate TOBI. It's definitely worth a call to your doctor. There were many of us that relied on it in the 80's/90's before TOBI was available and there are many parts of the world that STILL use IV gentamicin inhaled (I like to call Gentamicin, Tobra's cousin) because gentamicin is more readily available than tobra for some reason. My theory is, if it works, use it.

tara

tara

tara

bittyhorse23

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>NoExcuses</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bittyhorse23</b></i>

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.</end quote></div>

Make sure that the compressor is giving out the same PSI with the car hook up.

If not, TOBI particle size might be too variable for it to be effective ..... and you know what happens when you get underexposure to antibiotics..... resistance to the antibiotic develops!!!!</end quote></div>

Well according to my electrician friend it should not make a difference as long as the compressor is getting the same amount of electricity that it does from a regular wall socket. And since the compressor won't work unless it has the right amount of electricity I think I am just fine.

bittyhorse23

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bittyhorse23</b></i>

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.</end quote></div>

If not, TOBI particle size might be too variable for it to be effective ..... and you know what happens when you get underexposure to antibiotics..... resistance to the antibiotic develops!!!!</end quote></div>

Well according to my electrician friend it should not make a difference as long as the compressor is getting the same amount of electricity that it does from a regular wall socket. And since the compressor won't work unless it has the right amount of electricity I think I am just fine.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.</end quote>

If not, TOBI particle size might be too variable for it to be effective ..... and you know what happens when you get underexposure to antibiotics..... resistance to the antibiotic develops!!!!</end quote>

bittyhorse23

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.</end quote>

If not, TOBI particle size might be too variable for it to be effective ..... and you know what happens when you get underexposure to antibiotics..... resistance to the antibiotic develops!!!!</end quote>