type of portable compressor to use with TOBI

catboogie

i know we're not supposed to use the TREK for TOBI because it doesn't aerosolize the particles small enough or something. does anyone know if there is a portable compressor that is TOBI friendly? i'd love to be able to do it in the car on my morning commute to work.

catboogie

i know we're not supposed to use the TREK for TOBI because it doesn't aerosolize the particles small enough or something. does anyone know if there is a portable compressor that is TOBI friendly? i'd love to be able to do it in the car on my morning commute to work.

catboogie

catboogie

catboogie

bittyhorse23

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.

bittyhorse23

I have a regular compressor and then I purchased an invertor for my car so that I can plug my compressor into that. It hooks right up to your cig lighter and has two outlets that you can use. I got the one that is 600 amps since I wasn't sure how much energy my compressor used. It says not to use with compressors on the invertor but I have been using it since the summer with no issues *knocks on wood*. I got it at Target for $40.

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

bittyhorse23

seasalt

I know that this is slightly off-topic, but I wasn't able to find out how to post a new topic.

I am wondering why TOBI is being used over nebulized injectable Tobramycin. I have read about phenol and the increased bronchoconstriction with injectable Tobramycin. But, are there other reasons why people use TOBI?

TOBI is 10x more expensive! and for someone like me who cannot get TOBI covered by insurance, I desparately am looking for solutions other than TOBI!

Kindly offer any information or thoughts you might have on the subject.

And, while I am at it, I have read that there is a form of Tobramycin for sinus problems. If you know the name of it or have any information, I would appreciate you passing it on.

Thanks so much!

seasalt

I know that this is slightly off-topic, but I wasn't able to find out how to post a new topic.

I am wondering why TOBI is being used over nebulized injectable Tobramycin. I have read about phenol and the increased bronchoconstriction with injectable Tobramycin. But, are there other reasons why people use TOBI?

TOBI is 10x more expensive! and for someone like me who cannot get TOBI covered by insurance, I desparately am looking for solutions other than TOBI!

And, while I am at it, I have read that there is a form of Tobramycin for sinus problems. If you know the name of it or have any information, I would appreciate you passing it on.

Thanks so much!

seasalt

Thanks so much!

seasalt

Thanks so much!

seasalt

Thanks so much!