Updates on Nathan

pjspiegle

Hi All

I think that I already posted that they added a 3rd IV antibiotic to the regime. They added Vancomyacin, which is typically used for MRSA. Though Nathan has not grown MRSA before, they are suspicious that he may have it anyways. The concern is the fever 24/7 for over a week, the coughing up of blood, and he has an area of concern on his X-ray, left upper lobe. I am not happy to hear this at all at this point, not that mycobacterium abscesses is any picnic and maybe worse than MRSA, but he has already grown myco and MRSA would be new and just one more thing to add to the already very long list of things.

He seemed to have a pretty good night so we will just hang out today and wait for tomorrow when the CF Team is here. They don't anticipate anything will change today, usually doesn't on the weekend, but if it does I will post another update for you.

Thanks,

Well, we had 2 doese of the vancomyacin and they discontinued it already. So far this morning he is pulse oxing at 98% on room air and the fever is now gone. I am trying to figure out if I should have held out a little longer or if this is the typical I am at the doctors so I am fine reaction and things will go back to the way they were at any moment or not. I guess time will tell. For now, everything is looking up, he is better than before, and this could be our shortest admission ever.

Patty

Update:
he only lasted on room 2 hours before having to put the O2 back on. Still no fever though!

Update Tuesday:
down to 1 L of O2 now. cough was up yesterday afternoon again. No Fevers in 3 days now. PFT's dropped from 102% last week to 83 & 89% yesterday. The doc would not discuss possible discharge dates with me yesterday and said depending on Thursday's PFT's we may or may not discuss it then. I got the idea that we will be here until next week sometime and that would be the earliest we would be able to go home, which is fine, I just like to have an idea of what to expect. I guess we will just have to wait and see and play it by ear for a couple of days for now. At least I know that they know I wasn't exaggerating to them about anything going on, they could see it, or hear it, too. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if anything changes or when I find out anything new or different. Patty

pjspiegle

Hi All

I think that I already posted that they added a 3rd IV antibiotic to the regime. They added Vancomyacin, which is typically used for MRSA. Though Nathan has not grown MRSA before, they are suspicious that he may have it anyways. The concern is the fever 24/7 for over a week, the coughing up of blood, and he has an area of concern on his X-ray, left upper lobe. I am not happy to hear this at all at this point, not that mycobacterium abscesses is any picnic and maybe worse than MRSA, but he has already grown myco and MRSA would be new and just one more thing to add to the already very long list of things.

He seemed to have a pretty good night so we will just hang out today and wait for tomorrow when the CF Team is here. They don't anticipate anything will change today, usually doesn't on the weekend, but if it does I will post another update for you.

Thanks,

Well, we had 2 doese of the vancomyacin and they discontinued it already. So far this morning he is pulse oxing at 98% on room air and the fever is now gone. I am trying to figure out if I should have held out a little longer or if this is the typical I am at the doctors so I am fine reaction and things will go back to the way they were at any moment or not. I guess time will tell. For now, everything is looking up, he is better than before, and this could be our shortest admission ever.

Patty

Update:
he only lasted on room 2 hours before having to put the O2 back on. Still no fever though!

Update Tuesday:
down to 1 L of O2 now. cough was up yesterday afternoon again. No Fevers in 3 days now. PFT's dropped from 102% last week to 83 & 89% yesterday. The doc would not discuss possible discharge dates with me yesterday and said depending on Thursday's PFT's we may or may not discuss it then. I got the idea that we will be here until next week sometime and that would be the earliest we would be able to go home, which is fine, I just like to have an idea of what to expect. I guess we will just have to wait and see and play it by ear for a couple of days for now. At least I know that they know I wasn't exaggerating to them about anything going on, they could see it, or hear it, too. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if anything changes or when I find out anything new or different. Patty

pjspiegle

Hi All

Thanks,

Patty

Update:

Update Tuesday:

pjspiegle

Hi All

Thanks,

Patty

Update:

Update Tuesday:

pjspiegle

Hi All
<br />
<br />I think that I already posted that they added a 3rd IV antibiotic to the regime. They added Vancomyacin, which is typically used for MRSA. Though Nathan has not grown MRSA before, they are suspicious that he may have it anyways. The concern is the fever 24/7 for over a week, the coughing up of blood, and he has an area of concern on his X-ray, left upper lobe. I am not happy to hear this at all at this point, not that mycobacterium abscesses is any picnic and maybe worse than MRSA, but he has already grown myco and MRSA would be new and just one more thing to add to the already very long list of things.
<br />
<br />He seemed to have a pretty good night so we will just hang out today and wait for tomorrow when the CF Team is here. They don't anticipate anything will change today, usually doesn't on the weekend, but if it does I will post another update for you.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Well, we had 2 doese of the vancomyacin and they discontinued it already. So far this morning he is pulse oxing at 98% on room air and the fever is now gone. I am trying to figure out if I should have held out a little longer or if this is the typical I am at the doctors so I am fine reaction and things will go back to the way they were at any moment or not. I guess time will tell. For now, everything is looking up, he is better than before, and this could be our shortest admission ever.
<br />
<br />Patty
<br />
<br />Update:
<br />he only lasted on room 2 hours before having to put the O2 back on. Still no fever though!
<br />
<br />Update Tuesday:
<br />down to 1 L of O2 now. cough was up yesterday afternoon again. No Fevers in 3 days now. PFT's dropped from 102% last week to 83 & 89% yesterday. The doc would not discuss possible discharge dates with me yesterday and said depending on Thursday's PFT's we may or may not discuss it then. I got the idea that we will be here until next week sometime and that would be the earliest we would be able to go home, which is fine, I just like to have an idea of what to expect. I guess we will just have to wait and see and play it by ear for a couple of days for now. At least I know that they know I wasn't exaggerating to them about anything going on, they could see it, or hear it, too. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if anything changes or when I find out anything new or different. Patty

kaylasdad

Udate on Nathan

Thanks for the update. I'll Keep him in my prayers ! And heres a hug for you ((hug)) I know how much stress it can be.

kaylasdad

Udate on Nathan

Thanks for the update. I'll Keep him in my prayers ! And heres a hug for you ((hug)) I know how much stress it can be.

kaylasdad

Udate on Nathan

kaylasdad

Udate on Nathan

kaylasdad

Udate on Nathan

M

Mommafirst

Udate on Nathan (updated 12:27)

I am so glad that all is looking up!!! It would be great if Nathan didn't have to stay in-patient very long.

Thinking of you!!

M

Mommafirst

I am so glad that all is looking up!!! It would be great if Nathan didn't have to stay in-patient very long.

Thinking of you!!

M

Mommafirst

Thinking of you!!

M

Mommafirst

Thinking of you!!

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Thinking of you!!

kayleesgrandma

I hope the fever stays gone. You are acting like a typical cf mom, not sure if you are ever doing--or did--the right thing...It is so hard to know when to take them in, do you do it now,or wait a little longer??? I hope that there will be some answers for you tomorrow when the team comes in. At the very least you can have them address your questions...Let us know...

kayleesgrandma

I hope the fever stays gone. You are acting like a typical cf mom, not sure if you are ever doing--or did--the right thing...It is so hard to know when to take them in, do you do it now,or wait a little longer??? I hope that there will be some answers for you tomorrow when the team comes in. At the very least you can have them address your questions...Let us know...

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma