Vertex Conference Call

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Vertex had a conference yesterday to discuss earnings. http://seekingalpha.com/article/361...n-on-q3-2015-results-earnings-call-transcript
That is the transcript. Note: This was held for investors but it is public so anyone can hear. I've been stalking for 5 years and this is how I've kept current on the drugs, but be forewarned that the focus is the financials. I only skimmed but two things I heard of note: 1) The second generation correctors are being dosed in healthy volunteers THIS WEEK! 2) Vertex noted that it spent a lot of time picking these next generation correctors which bodes well that they really can work. Vertex had originally said they would be in trial at the end of last year, then early this year, but it appears they spent the extra time to find the best ones...and the in vitro shows that....last year Vertex only showed the 3-drug combo getting ddf508 to 50%ish cftr function and now it is up to 75% cftr function!!!

saintoffeon

Didn't you mention before, too, that Orkambi was only marked at 25%? I can't imagine it getting better than this...I'd almost feel like I was going backwards in time =)

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Yup! And kalydeco was only 50% cftr for 551 and many had near miraculous improvement from 50% cftr function even after decades of lung damage! So imagine 75%!!!