VERY IMPORTANT for adults with CF living in North Carolina

catboogie

I know there are several people on the board from NC. I was contacted by a social worker at UNC today. The Adult CF financial assistance program has been CANCELLED because of budget difficulties. This is a very important program for many cystics - this is how I got medical coverage through college once I was too old to be on my mom's insurance policy, for example.

We need to lobby to bring this program back! There is a woman working hard on our case but she needs some personal stories. Have you been on the program or known someone who has? PM me and I will put you in touch with the woman organizing this.

The one catch is that she really if at all possible needs info by tomorrow at 1pm. There may be use for more stories later but we are pushing to do this by then.

Thanks!

laura

catboogie

I know there are several people on the board from NC. I was contacted by a social worker at UNC today. The Adult CF financial assistance program has been CANCELLED because of budget difficulties. This is a very important program for many cystics - this is how I got medical coverage through college once I was too old to be on my mom's insurance policy, for example.

We need to lobby to bring this program back! There is a woman working hard on our case but she needs some personal stories. Have you been on the program or known someone who has? PM me and I will put you in touch with the woman organizing this.

The one catch is that she really if at all possible needs info by tomorrow at 1pm. There may be use for more stories later but we are pushing to do this by then.

Thanks!

laura

catboogie

Thanks!

laura

catboogie

Thanks!

laura

catboogie

<br />
<br />We need to lobby to bring this program back! There is a woman working hard on our case but she needs some personal stories. Have you been on the program or known someone who has? PM me and I will put you in touch with the woman organizing this.
<br />
<br />The one catch is that she really if at all possible needs info by tomorrow at 1pm. There may be use for more stories later but we are pushing to do this by then.
<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br />
<br />laura
<br />
<br />

T

tarheel

AAAAHHH!(runs around in circles screaming) I wanted to move back and transfer to their center and go to unc for college. (sound of toilet flushing those plans away...) this really changes a lot for me.. in a rather bad bad way.

T

tarheel

AAAAHHH!(runs around in circles screaming) I wanted to move back and transfer to their center and go to unc for college. (sound of toilet flushing those plans away...) this really changes a lot for me.. in a rather bad bad way.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

Giggles

Where are all the Cystic's that are adults going to go to, Duke? I don't get it can you explain more? Are you talking about an insurance plan type thing or the actual adult clinic at UNC is going away? My doctor said that clinic is number #1 in the country, I do not get it? I am freaking cause I wanted to move to Raleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
Jennifer 37 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Where are all the Cystic's that are adults going to go to, Duke? I don't get it can you explain more? Are you talking about an insurance plan type thing or the actual adult clinic at UNC is going away? My doctor said that clinic is number #1 in the country, I do not get it? I am freaking cause I wanted to move to Raleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Giggles

Thanks!

Giggles

Thanks!

Giggles

<br />Thanks!
<br />Jennifer 37 years old with CF and CFRD

petitesouris

Hi, I'm new. I went to UNC Chapel Hill for a year and while the people I worked with in the clinic were great, financially it was a nightmare. I had to apply to several separate programs to help cover the cost of clinics and prescriptions. Each one took months for them to assess my qualifications for support. I was accepted by one, denied by another. I think that the CF program itseld is not going to be cut, but perhaps just the patient assistance programs, and by this I'm not suprised. It seems really unlikely that they would stop seeing adult patients there, though. There are far too many people that go there. If that <i>is</i> the case, what the heck?

petitesouris

Hi, I'm new. I went to UNC Chapel Hill for a year and while the people I worked with in the clinic were great, financially it was a nightmare. I had to apply to several separate programs to help cover the cost of clinics and prescriptions. Each one took months for them to assess my qualifications for support. I was accepted by one, denied by another. I think that the CF program itseld is not going to be cut, but perhaps just the patient assistance programs, and by this I'm not suprised. It seems really unlikely that they would stop seeing adult patients there, though. There are far too many people that go there. If that <i>is</i> the case, what the heck?

petitesouris

petitesouris

petitesouris