Vest conpressor issues

jshet

Hi guys! Anyone ever have issues with their Hillrom compressor? Yesterday my sons just stopped working. No warning signs at all. It has 512 hours of usage on it. Not sure what is typical for these machines before they start havibg problems. I plan on callng the company in the morning, but was wondering if this is common, or if its hard to get insurance to cover repairs or a new one.
thank you, jshet

ethan508

Mine started acting funny at 3000 hours (about 10 years old). It just didn't have the pressure it used to. But they replaced it free and I had a new one within a few days.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I had one die on me like that Jshet and I called the company and had a new one within a day or so. Then scheduled a pick up and they came to get the old compressor. They are great and shouldn't give you any troubles.

jshet

Thank you both. I feel so much better. Seems like in life, as i am sure you both know, when ut rains it pours, lol. Thats how its been around here lately. Just one thing after another. Nice to know this can be cleared up with just a phone call.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We had one for over 7 years that started to make some strange sounds and over the Christmas Holidays it gave up. It had started to make odd noises, but wasn't consistent. Usually they send out one and it arrives the next morning; however, with the holidays, we had to wait an extra day. So I had to do CPT on our 10 year old. Other than that, was probably one of the least stressful exchanges we've ever had to deal with. Don't get me started on nebulizer warranties and returns. Ugh!

J

jcwise62

Hey jshet :
We have ours fail twice each with over 1000 hours. Like Ratatosk said, one call and boom, we had a replacement on the way. Same with 2 vest's, my son is now 6'2" and growing so we have had 3 different vest sizes. Hillrom, knock wood, has always been great about replacements.
I am so on board with Ratatosk about the nebulizers. I always end up buying a new one and getting reimbursed from my health savings account. About every 5 years the insurance will kick in a little something only once for the true cost.