Vibralung and Vest

K

kenna2

I just wanted to give some advice to those who are interested in the Vibralung. I actually was able to get one this past week and I'm so thrilled. The rep said that it can be done with the vest so I figured I'd try them together. All I can say is, holy mucus batman...I knew I wouldn't sleep through the night due to all the coughing I did. I have gotten so much out it's amazing. I would highly recommend doing the together.

DanfromIL

Thanks, Kenna2. I have been using the Vest for about 28 years (I was one of the first people who received one, as I was being treated at the University of Minnesota where the vest was developed). It has always helped me bring up secretions. Only recently have I started to use an Accapella device, and that has been useful, too. Since each device seems to have different advantages, I am thinking of trying the Vibralung. I am wondering what happens when you are using it, when you need to cough? Can you pause the Vibralung easily and often? I cough a lot during my RT sessions. If you get this, please reply. Thanks.

kenna2

When you use the Vibralung there are 3 different settings. Low, Medium, and High. Each one lasts a total of 7 mins. and repeats a pattern of sounds at different frequencies. It kind of sounds like an old video game. The sound waves then vibrate in the lungs to move the mucus. I put my hand on my chest and was able to feel the vibrations. Really cool. The reason for the different pitches is to reach the really tiny areas of the lungs that the vest can't get to. There is a pause button on it however, after a certain amount of time(not sure how long) it does shut off. This is for power saving reasons since it can't be used when it's plugged in. However, it's really easy to jump back into each session and it goes by so much faster. I would highly recommend trying it. It's helped get so much out of my lungs and I like that it's getting to areas where the vest can't.

DanfromIL

Thanks, Kenna2. Soundns like pausing is no problem. I went on their website and watched some of the video clips. You're right that it does sound a little like an old video game, as the sounds move up and down in frequency! :)