Vitamin D = IBS symptoms?

CFkitty

I have been taking 10,000 Units of Vitamin D daily since my last hospitalization (almost 2 months) because my levels very very, very low. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have been having severe IBS (irritable bowel) type symptoms - gas, stomach bloating, cramping pain and painful BM. I've had IBS in the past and have taken Bently for it, but it has been years and years since then. The only difference in my life is taking the Vitamin D.
Has anyone else experienced these issues and found that large amounts of Vitamin D were related? My doctor said that Vitamin D often HELPS IBS.
I am playing around with dosing per my MD's suggestions, but I was curious to find out if anyone else had such issues.

Thanks in advance.

CFkitty

I have been taking 10,000 Units of Vitamin D daily since my last hospitalization (almost 2 months) because my levels very very, very low. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have been having severe IBS (irritable bowel) type symptoms - gas, stomach bloating, cramping pain and painful BM. I've had IBS in the past and have taken Bently for it, but it has been years and years since then. The only difference in my life is taking the Vitamin D.
Has anyone else experienced these issues and found that large amounts of Vitamin D were related? My doctor said that Vitamin D often HELPS IBS.
I am playing around with dosing per my MD's suggestions, but I was curious to find out if anyone else had such issues.

Thanks in advance.

ldy

Vitamin D supplements are fat soluable. It might help if you take enzymes with any fat soluable vitamin.

ldy

Vitamin D supplements are fat soluable. It might help if you take enzymes with any fat soluable vitamin.

imported_Momto2

I tried taking larges doses of vitamin D, didnt make any difference in my levels. THen I started consciously trying to sit out in the sun for 20+ minutes a day. My D levels normalized , as well as my calcium levels, and my infection rate plummeted. If the D is messing up your GI tract, you might want to try another method of delivery. For me, sun exposure really worked. Course, that isnt an option in some parts of the world. Are the megadoses actually working for you?

imported_Momto2

I tried taking larges doses of vitamin D, didnt make any difference in my levels. THen I started consciously trying to sit out in the sun for 20+ minutes a day. My D levels normalized , as well as my calcium levels, and my infection rate plummeted. If the D is messing up your GI tract, you might want to try another method of delivery. For me, sun exposure really worked. Course, that isnt an option in some parts of the world. Are the megadoses actually working for you?

CFkitty

I really think that it's working for my immune system, which stinks because I really think the D is killing my stomach. I need to talk to my doctor about different delivery systems. Thank you so much!

hellen

Your case seems to be so strange. Because many studies comfirmed about the link between intake of vitamin D and IBS that a quantifiable amount of vitamin D supplementation is needed to establish the optimal dose response effect. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4412886/
I wonder how your IBS now. Hope you’ll fine. There must be a reason that made your condition worse. Maybe it’s some ingredients in vitamin D you took daily. Maybe the dose is so high. I’m not sure. What did the doctor say to you?
Actually, I’ve got IBS for 2 years. Since IBS treatments remain unsure, I had thought that I have no choice to live with it while still develop their own ways of living. But luckily, I found some useful home remedies from an online article. And I decided to apply them. Surprisingly, the result I received went beyond my expectation. Now my IBS is still there but does not affect my life much. Fennel seeds is a wonderful home remedy for IBS. This kind of seed also plays such an essential role in relieving fast from your digestive systems and thereby preventing the formation of mucus in your intestine. Mix one tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds with one glass of boiled water. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then enjoy the tea. Drink the herbal tea up to thrice on a daily basis until the symptoms are entirely gone. https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-irritable-bowel-syndrome/