Vitamin D

ubuffman2001

Havoc, I just came across this post, since I started dosing myself with 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 on Sunday.  If you remember I was complaining about fatigue that had been ongoing for years.  I am noticing I have more energy since I starting take the Vitamin D.  I need to check with my doc to see what my level was at my last annual though.  Who recommended you take the 50,000 IU several times a week?  What benefits do you notice from it?<br><br>

ubuffman2001

Havoc, I just came across this post, since I started dosing myself with 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 on Sunday. If you remember I was complaining about fatigue that had been ongoing for years. I am noticing I have more energy since I starting take the Vitamin D. I need to check with my doc to see what my level was at my last annual though. Who recommended you take the 50,000 IU several times a week? What benefits do you notice from it?<br><br>

ubuffman2001

Havoc, I just came across this post, since I started dosing myself with 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 on Sunday. If you remember I was complaining about fatigue that had been ongoing for years. I am noticing I have more energy since I starting take the Vitamin D. I need to check with my doc to see what my level was at my last annual though. Who recommended you take the 50,000 IU several times a week? What benefits do you notice from it?<br><br>

Havoc

My nutritionist put me on the Vit. D. I did not notice any real change or benefits. I've seen D3 supplements in the store, however I'm slightly confused by them. Vit. D is a fat soluble vitamin and the Rx comes in a gelcap with a liquid inside (just like Vit. E). So I'm wondering how a tablet would be effective, unless after metabolization it's converted to regular Vit. D.

If I remember, I'll ask my nutritionist. Personally, these days I have been drinking more whole milk to try and avoid my D levels dropping to the point I need supplements. It seems to be working as my last ADEK labs were all spot on.

Havoc

My nutritionist put me on the Vit. D. I did not notice any real change or benefits. I've seen D3 supplements in the store, however I'm slightly confused by them. Vit. D is a fat soluble vitamin and the Rx comes in a gelcap with a liquid inside (just like Vit. E). So I'm wondering how a tablet would be effective, unless after metabolization it's converted to regular Vit. D.

If I remember, I'll ask my nutritionist. Personally, these days I have been drinking more whole milk to try and avoid my D levels dropping to the point I need supplements. It seems to be working as my last ADEK labs were all spot on.

Havoc

<br />
<br />If I remember, I'll ask my nutritionist. Personally, these days I have been drinking more whole milk to try and avoid my D levels dropping to the point I need supplements. It seems to be working as my last ADEK labs were all spot on.

Printer

I too had Vitamin D issues. The CF Doctor put me on SOURCE CF SOFTGEL. It is a complete CF Vitamin. I get it from the Cystic Fibrosis Services (CFF). 2 per day each having 250% of daily required D.

Bill

Printer

I too had Vitamin D issues. The CF Doctor put me on SOURCE CF SOFTGEL. It is a complete CF Vitamin. I get it from the Cystic Fibrosis Services (CFF). 2 per day each having 250% of daily required D.

Bill

Printer

<br />
<br />Bill

K

Keepercjr

My vitamin D plummeted very very low after I had my daughter. I currently take 5000 iu per day. It will be interesting to see my next labs (whenever they are).

Havoc - all of the D3 that I have seen in the stores are in gel tab form.

K

Keepercjr

My vitamin D plummeted very very low after I had my daughter. I currently take 5000 iu per day. It will be interesting to see my next labs (whenever they are).

Havoc - all of the D3 that I have seen in the stores are in gel tab form.

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />Havoc - all of the D3 that I have seen in the stores are in gel tab form.

Incomudrox

I also take D3 50,000IU M-W-F... Which is fine by me because my insurance pays for it. D Levels where 14..4 months ago.

Incomudrox

I also take D3 50,000IU M-W-F... Which is fine by me because my insurance pays for it. D Levels where 14..4 months ago.

Incomudrox