Vitamin Programs

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My pharmacist just called asking where we get our CF vitamins as he received a call from a nurse at a CF clinic who had a patient who needed aquaADEKs, but insurance doesn't cover and parents couldn't afford. Last month I ran out of cf vitamins and had to order online and a 30 day supply ran me $30-40 out of pocket....

I sent him the links for CFCareforward which is where we get vitamins after we submit receipts from DS' creon and the link for the Zenpep program, which appears to be similar. Are there any other programs which provide vitamins for people wcf?

Oboe

I was told that with certain enzymes, Creon I know for sure but I don't know which else, the company that makes them will give you a "free sample" (30 day supply) with your monthly orders. I still get them even after I switched to Pertzye. It may just be my pharmacy since it's a CF-special pharmacy. Still, it can't hurt to have them ask their pharmacist.

Oh, I should mention these are for MVW Softgels, not Aquadeks. I assume they're roughly the same, they're CF vitamins.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We get the MVW Softgels, but have used AquaADEKs, which I think have a nasty smell to them, but DS doesn't seem to notice. We used to use SourceCF until they were discontinued due to mfg issues...

I know pancreacarb used to have a similar program; however, one issue we run into in our state is there are only 70 people wcf and the major insurance company provider, only covers Creon and Zenpep. We had to switch to creon after Pancreaze was reformulated as it's noncovered.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I get choiceful vitamins free with my zenpep. According to my nutritionist they are essentially the same as the ADEKs. They are the dark brown softness. and I think (can't remember off the top of my head) that the pharmacy I ordered Bethkis (Tobi) from had the option to get vitamins or other things from them free as well.

If you use any specialty pharmacies, like Foundation Care, sometimes they offer free vitamins with other meds. Creon has a program with supplements and vitamins free too.