VX-661 Phase 2 Study

N

natureimpulse

"Combination Study in Most Common Type of CF: Vertex is also conducting a Phase 2 study of the CFTR corrector VX-809 dosed in combination with KALYDECO in people with the most common CFTR mutation, known as F508del. Final data from this study are expected in mid-2012. The study enrolled people with two copies of the F508del mutation (homozygotes) and also included the first evaluation of KALYDECO combined with VX-809 in people<span style="background-color: #ffff00;"><span style="background-color: #ffffff;"> with one copy of the F508del mutation and one copy of certain non-gating mutations (heterozygotes). A Phase 2 study of VX-661, a second CFTR corrector, dosed in combination with KALYDECO is also ongoing, with data expected in the second half of 2012. !"
What's mean 'and one copy of certain non-gating mutations (heterozygotes)'?
That's all mutation different than f508del or some particurally?

N

natureimpulse

"Combination Study in Most Common Type of CF: Vertex is also conducting a Phase 2 study of the CFTR corrector VX-809 dosed in combination with KALYDECO in people with the most common CFTR mutation, known as F508del. Final data from this study are expected in mid-2012. The study enrolled people with two copies of the F508del mutation (homozygotes) and also included the first evaluation of KALYDECO combined with VX-809 in people<span style="background-color: #ffff00;"><span style="background-color: #ffffff;"> with one copy of the F508del mutation and one copy of certain non-gating mutations (heterozygotes). A Phase 2 study of VX-661, a second CFTR corrector, dosed in combination with KALYDECO is also ongoing, with data expected in the second half of 2012. !"

S

semperfiohana

they are already recruiting for vx-661 phase II. you can look it up on the clinical trials website and it will give you the locations.

S

semperfiohana

they are already recruiting for vx-661 phase II. you can look it up on the clinical trials website and it will give you the locations.

N

natureimpulse

N

natureimpulse

S

semperfiohana

these are the most common gating mutations according to wiki
?F508
G542X
G551D
N1303K
W1282X
don't know if that helps at all. i know you are looking for what non-gating mutations are

S

semperfiohana

these are the most common gating mutations according to wiki
?F508
G542X
G551D
N1303K
W1282X
don't know if that helps at all. i know you are looking for what non-gating mutations are

S

semperfiohana

here is the criteria for vx-661 per the clinical trial website
Criteria

Inclusion Criteria:

Male or female with confirmed diagnosis of CF
Must have the F508del-CFTR gene mutation in both alleles.
FEV1 40% to 90% (inclusive) of predicted normal for age, gender, and height (Knudson standards)
Subjects of child-bearing and who are sexually active potential must meet the contraception requirements.

S

semperfiohana

here is the criteria for vx-661 per the clinical trial website
Criteria

Inclusion Criteria:

Male or female with confirmed diagnosis of CF
Must have the F508del-CFTR gene mutation in both alleles.
FEV1 40% to 90% (inclusive) of predicted normal for age, gender, and height (Knudson standards)
Subjects of child-bearing and who are sexually active potential must meet the contraception requirements.

amber682

I *think* it means it also tested people with one deltaf508 mutation and one other mutation that is neither DF508 or a gating mutation (which Kalydeco works for)

amber682

I *think* it means it also tested people with one deltaf508 mutation and one other mutation that is neither DF508 or a gating mutation (which Kalydeco works for)

mdej

It means that that you may participate if your mutation isn't a gating mutation. They want participants that wouldn't benefit from VX 770 (Kalydeco) alone. Suppose I had G551D and F508Del. I'd benefit regardless of whether or not VX 809 works because Kalydeco works on G551D. They're just trying to prevent false positive results.

mdej

It means that that you may participate if your mutation isn't a gating mutation. They want participants that wouldn't benefit from VX 770 (Kalydeco) alone. Suppose I had G551D and F508Del. I'd benefit regardless of whether or not VX 809 works because Kalydeco works on G551D. They're just trying to prevent false positive results.

MargaritaChic

semperfiohana, the list you posted are the most common mutations. <strong>Not</strong> the most common <strong>gating</strong> mutations.
Does anyone have a list of what mutations are gating mutations?

MargaritaChic

semperfiohana, the list you posted are the most common mutations. <strong>Not</strong> the most common <strong>gating</strong> mutations.
Does anyone have a list of what mutations are gating mutations?

D

DrRoe

G551D, G178R, G551S, G1349D, S1255P, G1244E, G970R, S549N, S549R, S1251N

http://www.sefq.es/ECFSPacientestratablesconVertex770.pdf

D

DrRoe

G551D, G178R, G551S, G1349D, S1255P, G1244E, G970R, S549N, S549R, S1251N

http://www.sefq.es/ECFSPacientestratablesconVertex770.pdf