vx-661

S

semperfiohana

how exciting!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=563453">http://investors.vrtx.com/rele...l.cfm?ReleaseID=563453</a>

S

semperfiohana

how exciting!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=563453">http://investors.vrtx.com/rele...l.cfm?ReleaseID=563453</a>

S

semperfiohana

how exciting!
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=563453">http://investors.vrtx.com/rele...l.cfm?ReleaseID=563453</a>

M

mneville

Is it? I kinda thought it meant that 809 was not yielding good results so far for the Delta F508s...

M

mneville

Is it? I kinda thought it meant that 809 was not yielding good results so far for the Delta F508s...

M

mneville

hmw

My hopes are that this corrector will work in a slightly different way than 809, so that those with other mutations will benefit and/or if results vary for different people- if the 770/809 combo doesn't work well, maybe this new one with 770 will or vice versa.

hmw

My hopes are that this corrector will work in a slightly different way than 809, so that those with other mutations will benefit and/or if results vary for different people- if the 770/809 combo doesn't work well, maybe this new one with 770 will or vice versa.

hmw

S

semperfiohana

what i kinda got was 661 will go directly towards the delta f508 and the 809 more targets double delta f508. maybe i'm just crazy. i read somewhere that vertex has come out with 3 major drugs for cf. vx-770, vx-809, and now vx-661

S

semperfiohana

what i kinda got was 661 will go directly towards the delta f508 and the 809 more targets double delta f508. maybe i'm just crazy. i read somewhere that vertex has come out with 3 major drugs for cf. vx-770, vx-809, and now vx-661

S

semperfiohana

petnurse

At the meeting last month, they said they were going to punch out as many new drugs as they could just in case somethiing happened. Vertex has actually been in development for over a decade. They don't want to have to start at square one and waste more precious years. They did say that the results from the mixed Vertex trials will not be as dramatic as 770 because they are only putting the 2 drugs in combination for 7 days (no where near as long as the 770 original trials). So, I don't know what to think either, but thought I would share that :-D

petnurse

At the meeting last month, they said they were going to punch out as many new drugs as they could just in case somethiing happened. Vertex has actually been in development for over a decade. They don't want to have to start at square one and waste more precious years. They did say that the results from the mixed Vertex trials will not be as dramatic as 770 because they are only putting the 2 drugs in combination for 7 days (no where near as long as the 770 original trials). So, I don't know what to think either, but thought I would share that :-D

petnurse

dasjsmum

it didnt sound to me that the 809 isnt working....and the trial 770x809 has only just started, so there arent any results for that yet (770x809)...and we know that the 809 doesnt work by itself. It sounded like they're developing a second drug, 661, which is fantastic for df508ers!!! Your hopes dont just hinge on one drug anymore. And, either or 809 or 661 may be used in conjunction with 770...this is great news.

Also, to result in normal non cf functioning, you only need one of your mutations to work properly, so there doesnt have to be anything that targets dd508, as long as it works on the df508, it doesnt matter what your other mutation is. My son has G551D and d508. The 770 works on the G551d mutation with results as per the vertex release and so the person then functions the same as a carrier does aka your parents.

dasjsmum

it didnt sound to me that the 809 isnt working....and the trial 770x809 has only just started, so there arent any results for that yet (770x809)...and we know that the 809 doesnt work by itself. It sounded like they're developing a second drug, 661, which is fantastic for df508ers!!! Your hopes dont just hinge on one drug anymore. And, either or 809 or 661 may be used in conjunction with 770...this is great news.

Also, to result in normal non cf functioning, you only need one of your mutations to work properly, so there doesnt have to be anything that targets dd508, as long as it works on the df508, it doesnt matter what your other mutation is. My son has G551D and d508. The 770 works on the G551d mutation with results as per the vertex release and so the person then functions the same as a carrier does aka your parents.