VX-770 (Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)

Prussian

VX-770 is a drug that works in much the same way as PTC-124. It works by correcting the underlying Cf defect for certain mutations. I have been told I qualify for the trials and I was wondering if anyone else has been asked to participate in the Phase II trials.

Prussian

VX-770 is a drug that works in much the same way as PTC-124. It works by correcting the underlying Cf defect for certain mutations. I have been told I qualify for the trials and I was wondering if anyone else has been asked to participate in the Phase II trials.

Prussian

LouLou

I just did some web searching on this drug and can't find much info on who qualifies for Ph II and who does not. Were you sent any criteria? Do you know where the research sites are...at the very least what state are you in? Also if you don't mind sharing what are your mutations, your FEV1 and age? Do you know what kind of mutations this will treat...deletion, missense, nonsense, stop, etc?

If you decide to participate I applaud you. Thanks for helping to make a difference for all of us :)

LouLou

I just did some web searching on this drug and can't find much info on who qualifies for Ph II and who does not. Were you sent any criteria? Do you know where the research sites are...at the very least what state are you in? Also if you don't mind sharing what are your mutations, your FEV1 and age? Do you know what kind of mutations this will treat...deletion, missense, nonsense, stop, etc?

If you decide to participate I applaud you. Thanks for helping to make a difference for all of us :)

LouLou

cdale613

I've been asked to consider participating... Its for mutation G551D, which I have. I'm very tempted - My understanding is that it will require overnight stays, which with a full time job will be difficult. I'm still thinking about it..

cdale613

I've been asked to consider participating... Its for mutation G551D, which I have. I'm very tempted - My understanding is that it will require overnight stays, which with a full time job will be difficult. I'm still thinking about it..

cdale613

LouLou

I have G551D and live in Philadelphia. This city is listed as a test site. Do you guys know when the trial is to begin? I would possibly consider it but I saw breastfeeding is not allowed while in the trial so depending when it starts it will or will not work for me. Also, do you anything else about the medicine or the trial such as requirements for the study and how the med is taken (pill, IV, etc.) Did you get an idea of how long you'd be involved with the testing and what the time commitment would be?

LouLou

I have G551D and live in Philadelphia. This city is listed as a test site. Do you guys know when the trial is to begin? I would possibly consider it but I saw breastfeeding is not allowed while in the trial so depending when it starts it will or will not work for me. Also, do you anything else about the medicine or the trial such as requirements for the study and how the med is taken (pill, IV, etc.) Did you get an idea of how long you'd be involved with the testing and what the time commitment would be?

LouLou

dasjsmum

This seems pretty interesting..my kids all have G551D...does anyone know anything more about it? I've just done a google search but have only come up with the trial info.

A journal article would be good. Okay, I found this on the cff.org site...

VX-770 (Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) - This new compound is called a "potentiator" and it may act upon the CFTR protein and help to open the chloride channel in CF cells. Phase 1 dosing has been completed in patients. Researchers are evaluating results and Phase 2 could begin in early 2007.

dasjsmum

This seems pretty interesting..my kids all have G551D...does anyone know anything more about it? I've just done a google search but have only come up with the trial info.

VX-770 (Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) - This new compound is called a "potentiator" and it may act upon the CFTR protein and help to open the chloride channel in CF cells. Phase 1 dosing has been completed in patients. Researchers are evaluating results and Phase 2 could begin in early 2007.

dasjsmum

getahobby

Hey everybody. I just wanted to bump this back up. I got asked to participate in this study at my clinic visit today. Has anybody participated in this study? Any thoughts or concerns?

Thanks!

getahobby

Hey everybody. I just wanted to bump this back up. I got asked to participate in this study at my clinic visit today. Has anybody participated in this study? Any thoughts or concerns?

Thanks!

getahobby

Thanks!

getahobby

Thanks!

getahobby

Thanks!