VX-770

letsrockcfem

Hey! I just completed the study for this drug. It seems incredible..I assume and am hoping I was on the placebo because I saw no positive effects from it. The study was cool and I really hope it makes it to us soon. It may take a few more years though since they are still enrolling in Phase II.

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Hey! I just completed the study for this drug. It seems incredible..I assume and am hoping I was on the placebo because I saw no positive effects from it. The study was cool and I really hope it makes it to us soon. It may take a few more years though since they are still enrolling in Phase II.

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

Rock CF,
Em

letsrockcfem

<br />
<br />Rock CF,
<br />Em

Faust

Anyone have the link for the trial enrollment? I'll be working much less soon, and could help out cause I have that mutation.

Faust

Anyone have the link for the trial enrollment? I'll be working much less soon, and could help out cause I have that mutation.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />

letsrockcfem

What I was told from doctors and nurses from the research team is that the reason they chose the G551D gene is because it effects a minority of CF patients. If it works on us G551D'ers their plan is to open it up to the genes that affect more of the CF population. Just a little FYI.

letsrockcfem

What I was told from doctors and nurses from the research team is that the reason they chose the G551D gene is because it effects a minority of CF patients. If it works on us G551D'ers their plan is to open it up to the genes that affect more of the CF population. Just a little FYI.

letsrockcfem

letsrockcfem

letsrockcfem

cdale613

This is incredibly exciting. I have been approached for the next phase, and if it can fit around June's big ride and moving, I will participate.

I am pretty certain that G551D was selected because its an easier mutation to "fix". In G551D, CFTR protein is intact, but doesn't make it through the CFTR channel, where as in other mutations, the protein isn't made at all, or has a defect, and also doesn't make it through the channel.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

This is incredibly exciting. I have been approached for the next phase, and if it can fit around June's big ride and moving, I will participate.

I am pretty certain that G551D was selected because its an easier mutation to "fix". In G551D, CFTR protein is intact, but doesn't make it through the CFTR channel, where as in other mutations, the protein isn't made at all, or has a defect, and also doesn't make it through the channel.

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

Chris

27 m w/cf

cdale613

<br />
<br />I am pretty certain that G551D was selected because its an easier mutation to "fix". In G551D, CFTR protein is intact, but doesn't make it through the CFTR channel, where as in other mutations, the protein isn't made at all, or has a defect, and also doesn't make it through the channel.
<br />
<br />Chris
<br />
<br />27 m w/cf